The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

Share | 

The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Harbor in the Earth kingdom

((OOC: Not really too sure what's going in this story board but what better way to find out then by posting here and seeing what's going on. I noticed the Avatar going to the earth nation so I shall start there and meet her if she does not mind))

Warm air crept it's way into the large mans lungs. Sweat ran down the back of his neck. His massive sword dragged across the floor ever so slightly as he changed his stance. His body felt hot from being in such close proximity with the incoming balls of hot flames.

"Listen here Earth Bender!!" A fire nation soldier barked

"If you give up now we'll just imprison you. But if continue to resist then we will be forced too kill you" The fire nation soldier continued.

Five fire nation soldier stood in a line, there closed fists pointed towards the Earth bender. There polished armor was slightly damaged, cracks and chinks in the plates were clear to the eye.

The they focused there gaze at a man that stood at 7 feet in height. His body was complete tower of heavy, dense muscle. Each muscle in his body stuck out in powerful form combined with definition that made almost each muscle fiber visible. With almost no excess body fat and standing at seven feet in height this mans pumpkin sized shoulders were at least 3 feet apart.
This man had long, unkempt black hair followed by a red head band that kept his hair away from his face.
This man wore no shoes but he wore a coat and pants. His left arm was surrounded in silver armor while his right arm was holding a massive sword that was as big as this man was.

"My name is Naraca, not Earth Bender" He told the fire nations soldier in a calm yet harsh voice.

Naraca looked upon the fire nation soldiers, he admired there confidence considering that Naraca had already beaten so many of the soldiers that these five men were with.
15 other soldiers lay on the floor either unconscious or curled up in a ball in pain. To Naraca right was the ocean, he was currently standing by the harbor. Several civilians watched the battle take place.

The fire nation soldier's eyes narrowed and he took a wider stance. He took Naraca's reply as a way of saying that he was not going to submit to them.
"Men, it looks like the Earth bender is not going to comply" The fire nation soldier said with a smile.
The other soldiers took wider stances and focused on Naraca.

Naraca stayed where he was and he waited for the soldiers to attack, as he knew they would.

There was a pause, the soldiers stared at Naraca with nothing but intensity in there eyes. Whereas Naraca was much calmer, his stance was normal, as if he was talking with someone.
The fire nations soldiers charged towards Naraca, the thrusted there fists forward, spew fire balls from the knuckles.
Naraca took a step forward and his lifted his right hand up, the ground suddenly sprouted up a wall which took the brunt of the fire balls.
The fire nation soldiers spread out and ran towards Naraca, moving around the wall.

Naraca dashed towards one of the soldiers. The soldier responded by shooting a fireball towards Naraca.
Naraca jumped to the side, avoiding it. Then he took three steps towards the soldier and he slammed his fist in the soldiers gut.
The soldier eyes widened and his body lifted up high from the ground, so high that he lauched up into the air, then landed in the water.
A second soldier ran to Naraca side, about to attack.
Naraca quickly shot his right leg toward the soldiers face, his foot rammed into the soldiers face, the helmet he wore littertly exploded from the impact. The soldiers face was now broken in several places as he was sent flying backwards, he hit the floor in a ravine. Rolling all over the place the soldier stopped rolling shortly, he was knocked out cold.

The last three soldiers all formed a line and they rapidly fired sevreal fireballs at Naraca.
Naraca quickly thrusted his hand forward, the soldiers on the right and left of the middle soldier both came in contact with a piller made of earth which hit there stomachs and sent them flying.

The last soldier did not back down, he placed both his hands together and he fired a massive ball of flames. this ball was at least ten feet tall and wide.

Naraca smiled and he slammed his sword into the ground and he pointed his closed fists at the fireball.
From the ground behind him a much bigger Earth made pilled shot out from in front of him and his collided with the fire ball in a massive explosion.
The earth piller was destroyed and the fireball faded into smoke.

As the smoke cleared Naraca charged towards the soldier and jumped in the air only hit the soldiers face with a hard knee.
The soldier slammed on the ground out cold.
Naraca looked down at the soldier for a moment then he looked up at the horizen the lead towards the city.

In the distance, Naraca heard the charging footsteps of more fire nation soldiers.

Last edited by Naraca on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Nhala
Rank H

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Nhala wandered the sreets. The sun was setting, and had disappeared beyond the high walls of the city. Everything was covered in shadow, and people were turning on their lamps. All about her, strange faces gave her sly, cruel looks of ill intention. It unnerved her.

A stray animal stood in the road, grazing on a small tuft of grass. But a shadowy man lead it away, a wicked smile upon his face. Nhala felt sorry for the goat, and knew that at the moment, that could happen to her at any time. She hugged herself, as if to make herself less noticable. She could feel the many eyes focusing on her, and the michevious cackles of those watching her. Nhala's heart pounded, her eyes were wide, and she was about as nervous as she had ever been in her life. Perhaps a type of fear she had never felt before. Why did she leave the house? Naraca and Kiara were no where near her spot, and this city was huge.

Right now, she wished to be back at Naraca's house, where she could be warm and safe in the company of good people. A shiver went down her spine. She looked behind her. The many thugs who gave her strange looks were gathering on the road, following her. They were beginning to speak up, inviting her with "here kitty kitty" and worse remarks. Nhala's eyes widened, and she set off into a sprint down one of the side roads. The thugs followed suit down nearby roads.

Nhala was scared for her life now, and looked back, and to the roads on her right to see how close they were. There were so many of them. And few people would be out at this hour to help her. Her eyes darted around. A fountain! She could use the water there! She veered off her path and towards the fountain plaza, finally catching herself on the rim.

She stood there, catching her breath, panting hard from her mad dash to salvation. The thugs were beginning to catch up, and gather on the edge of the plaza around their cornered prey. Nhala opened her eyes, ready to finally strike back, only to discover that the fountain was dry.

Sudden realization set in as her hopes began to vanish. Her knees began to shake from under her, and she sat on the fountain. She turned to look at the large group of thugs closing in. She was trembling with fear, eyes wide, unable to move, her hope lost.

So this was true fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:16 pm

After the crowds began to move, Cerelia noticed movement. Blue movement. Looking to her right, she saw a young waterbender girl. Perhaps this Avatar really was in the city. Cerelia stepped out from behind the bazaar and followed, keeping her distance.

As it grew dark, the local criminals and gangsters began to come out of hiding. Having noticed the waterbender, they slowly began following her, creating a large mob of troublemakers.

Then she began sprinting. They too ran, and Cerelia was forced to pick up the pace. But before long, they had cornered her at a fountain. Cerelia stopped and hid alongside a building, studying the group and there movements.

(This is my opportunity to find out who you are, Kiara. Besides, we're in a completely different part of the city.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

Number of posts : 1358
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Kiara continued to release the animals one by one. She had about two cages left to go when she had heard a familiar booming voice shouting. All the young girl could was wince as he started yelling again at seeing the site of the men.

She held onto a wild baby hawk while she saw the familiar tall muscular figure in the doorway. The young girl kept the smile on her face as he stood there but a bit of guilt was showing now.

"I am sorry..I didn't mean to cause so much trouble, I don't like seeing anyone or anything suffer..I was going to get them out the ice I promise.." Kiara then paused, "After I let these guys out..I wanted them to know what it felt like."

When he mentioned going home her smile just got even wider, letting out the last two animals she decided to keep the baby hawk.

"Okay, we can go home...as long I can I keep him. Please?"

Kiara gave him a pleading look as the walked out the ragged building together.

"I am sorry for leaving like that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:29 pm

In the end, regardless of what Kiara did. Naraca was happy to have found her. She continued to release animals until only a hawk on her arm remained. A baby hawk no less. It was pretty to look at, it's innocent eyes looked happy to be embraced by a warm person instead of a cold cage.
As Naraca looked at the Hawk then looked back a Kiara to see her apologizing then walking back outside, Naraca followed, and he began to think.

He began to think that this was going too be the beginning of the rest of his life. The life as a Guardian of the Avatar. This was where it all began. In Ba Sing Sae, the beginning of it all, the beginning of the journey that every Avatar has gone on but failed in the attempt. However, maybe this time, history would not repeat itself.

As Naraca and Kiara walked out he suddenly noticed Nhala had not yet found him. He looked around his surroundings once outside could not see any small water benders around.

"Kiara, Nhala came to follow me but she isn't here yet. We need to find her now!!" He announced to Kiara.

Naraca immediately used his inhuman strength to jump up at least 10 feet high to land on the rooftop of a house.
Looking around Naraca could not see anything. He continued to try and get and idea of where she could be.

This place would have jumped all over her by now, unless she found a water supply in which to defend herself. But the some of the citizens were earth benders so Nhala would certainly not last very long. Naraca and Kiara had to find her and fast, otherwise the new Avatar team would be one member short.

Naraca looked around more then noticed there was a collection of nasty looking folks not to far from here.

"Kiara!!! There's a crowd of people just a few blocks from here just around that dry fountain." Naraca pointed to where it was so that Kiara may start he approach.

"I can get there right away, I'll meet you there" Naraca announced as he prepared himself for a massive jump that would propel him all the way there.

"Try not to get yourself into any trouble along the way alright?" He said while pointing at Kiara with his two fingers.

He then performed a massive jump that launched him several feet in the air. Once he reached the precipice of the jump he could see Nhala with her back to the fountain and several men closing in on her.
Naraca's eyes narrowed at the site of such sickening men. He would be sure to put an end to there thoughts

Naraca began to drop right in the middle of the crowd of men. As he descended straight down he lifting his foot up in order to stomp the ground to create a shock wave, this would make most of the men surely fly all around the place.

Naraca slammed right on the ground while stomping at the same time. A massive boom echoed across the city. Rubble scattered everywhere as well as a majority of the of the thugs. They all flew around the place, crashing into walls, houses or just being dragged across the ground.

Naraca stayed in a crouched position for a moment and dust and smoke completely surrounded him. As the dust began to clear Naraca stood up tall. He looked to Nhala and nodded with a smile, showing that everything would be okay.

The men that were not caught in the blast ran away in fear. Only three men stayed, undoubtedly they were Earth Benders.
Naraca quickly ran to Nhala only to turn around and use himself as cover for Nhala.

"Your gonna be alright Nhala. I gotcha." He said while looking towards the three men that now stood in a line.
Naraca waited Kiara to come and stand beside him before engaging the Earth Bender's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 am

The thugs were closing in. Nhala whimpered as the men began to reach for her. But the next thing she knew, rocks were in the air. Bodies flew across her vision as it spun. She landed on something hard, tumbling off and onto another rough surface. She lay limp as she slowly opened her eyes again. Her vision was blurry. When she tried to move, she collapsed back down again. Her head hurt, as did her arms, legs, and much of her body.

Nhala watched as the colors became sharper. Soon, they were sharp enough for her to discern their shapes. She rolled over, and met the fountain. Rising to her knees, she wearily began to crawl around the fountain, away from what she knew would be a fight.

Unfortunately, one of the remaining men spied her movement, and made a quick gesture. Nhala fell forwards as the rocks beneath her shifted backwards. When they stopped, she cried out in pain as the earthbender pulled her up by her hair.

Her vision swam. The sudden movement had brought the blurriness back, and this time, she was losing focus. Now, she felt tired. She was too tired to feel fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 am

The thugs got closer and closer, and Cerelia began to come out of the shadows. But suddenly, and without warning, a large object came hurtling down at them. Upon impact, a shockwave of rock and dust launched the criminals into the air. They skidded and lay strewn across the ground, some smashing into buildings or getting cut apart by the rocks. Cerelia hid herself as the rocks flew towards her.

The situation had just changed. Whoever had done that was dangerous, and obviously close by. She ran anround the side streets to the other side of the fountain. There, she saw the waterbender struggling to get to safety. But she waited to analyse the situation. One of the thugs had survived the blast, and grabbed the girl by the hair, pulling her up. Something struck a nerve and she grabbed the closest metal pipe she could find.

Stealthily running towards the thug, she prepared to attack. He didn't notice her, and she swung. The pipe made contact with the back of his skull. A cracking noise could be heard, and he fell to the ground. She hit him hard three more times and dropped the pipe. Blood was beginning to pool around his head, but she quickly pulled the bricks out and flipped them using her earthbending. No one would know that the man was dead.

Cerelia then turned to the waterbender and crouched low to examine the damage. Upon examination, she noticed the girl's frailty. She didn't look like she could be the Avatar, but perhaps she knew who it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Upon him saying Nhala was missing and hadn't found them yet Kiara was a bit surprised but then again a part of her wasn't, this place was vast and even she had a difficult time deciphering the many streets and alleyways of Ba Sing Se.

"You go on ahead I will catch up."

As he jumped onto the roof Kiara couldn't help but blink at his unhuman abilities. None the less the girl simply shrugged it off and decided to follow him. As he jumped onto another roof she stared at her hawk having not given it a name yet.

"Hold on tight okay?"

Once walking into the alleyway Kiara jumped on the side of the building and pushed herself off with her feet onto the next. She continued this procedure until making a back flip onto the buildings rooftop. Once stable Kiara looked up only to see Naraca jumping down and at this she rolled her eyes. There was no way she was ever going to be able to keep up with him until she learned airbending.

Running at her top speed Kiara jumped from Rooftop to rooftop as her baby hawk decided to fly beside her, once at the building Naraca jumped off of Kiara stood there analyzing the situation. Naraca seemed to have it in control but when she had seen Nhala being grabbed by her hair she was about to make a move. However Kiara then noticed a figure attacking the man that had Nhala.

Something about that guy that was saving Nhala did not sit right with her in her heart. The other two earthbenders. Kiara jumped off the roof and landed gracefully next to Naraca. No words were said as the night was dark. A smile was on her as she felt the air and it was luckily full of moisture.

Kiara decided to make the first move and quickly waved her hands as water seemed to appear out of thin air. As one man attacked her Kiara let the small stream of water thin out into a razor like blade and slash the boulder headed her way in half. She then rushed towards him and spun the water around his feet making a cyclone that spun him up into the air, the last thing she did was blow on the water freezing him up in the air but let his shoulders and head stick out.

"You can take the last man I do assume."

A bright smile was still on her face as her hawk landed on her shoulder once more. Turning her back she rushed over to Nhala and looked her over,

"Are you alright???"

Nothing but a worried look was on her face as she examined Nhala carefully. Her eyes then locked with the strange mans eyes and smiled just a bit,

"Thank you for helping her...I wouldn't felt really bad if anything happened to her."

Turning back to Nhala her smile was a bit bigger, "I am so sorry about earlier, I did not mean to burst out like that. I just got excited I guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Nhala opened her eyes slowly, and turned her head towards the voice. It was growing hard to see, and clarity was lost. The pain had subsided, replaced with a numbness in her body. "Mo-..." She whispered with all her concentration, "I'm sorry for running off." Exhausted, she laid her hed back down, and closed her eyes, quickly drifting to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:43 pm

(I'm not the Desert Fox right now, so you'll notice a girl, not a guy. lol)

Cerelia backed off as Kiara came to Nhala's side. Obviously, the girl had friends. She glanced at the corpse and then to the hawk on the new person's shoulder. She studied her. She appeared to be a kind person, but what she did to that man was an interesting way of taking care of an enemy. Though not nearly as efficient as her way.

'So, she's a waterbender too. What're the chances I'd meet two waterbenders in the same night?' Cerelia thought to herself. She checked the alleyway openings for any signs of thugs. She could hear them, holding back, hesitating. But what were they waiting for? There were only three girls here, unless. She stared at Kiara. Unless this girl was the Avatar, which would make sense because of the boulder that came crashing down.

(Note: I know that it was Naraca who came out of the sky, but my chracter doesn't know that that was a person. She just saw a large object, and assumed it's a boulder. As soon as Naraca looms over us, her opinion will change. XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

((OOC: So that our posts don't go all over the place, this will be the post order:

1. Naraca
2. Kiara
3. Nhala
4. Cerelia

Lets try and keep it this way))

The last Earth Bender that tried to stand his ground could only watch in horror as he saw both of his comrades get quickly disposed of. If a little girl was able to beat one of the Earth Benders to death. While a water bender was able to freeze the second earth bender, god only knows what this giant man would do. To slam down on the ground and create such a blast is inhuman.

The Earth Bender only stared at Naraca for a moment, but then he quickly ran away, knowing that he was out numbered and out matched. Many other thugs were actually still around but they did not proceed on the same street that Naraca was on.

Naraca looked to Nhala and saw that she was with the company of Kiara and...Someone else. Naraca's eye narrowed at the sight of another figure. This other person looked like a women, and was quiet small. Naraca assumed that she saved Nhala and Kiara came in after wards. Naraca would have to thank this girl for helping Nhala. Naraca was a couple feet in the ground right now, he stepped out and walked over to the three girls.

As he walked he could not help but wonder if this third women was just a random bystander, or someone who intentionally there.
Regardless, Naraca still had to make sure everyone was okay.

"Kiara, is Nhala ok?" He said out loud as he walked over to her.
He walked over to them then once close he stood over them, creating a large shadow over the three of them.
Naraca had to keep standing so that the thugs all around would stay intimidated and far away.
Naraca then looked over to the third girl that helped Nhala. Naraca gave out a smile then bent over and extended his right hand for a handshake.

"My name is Naraca, thank you for helping Nhala" He said greatfully

He was not sure who this women was, but he was thankful nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Kiara stood looking at Naraca with a curious expression plastered on her face. Maybe in this mist of the battle and everything that was going on he'd probably forgotten that she was clearly unable to pick up Nhala.

"She will be fine, Nhala is just tired. Are you going to get her or what?"

It wasn't that Kiara did not have the strength it was just that she wanted to be somewhere tonight and she was doing all that the young girl could to reserve her energy. Even as cold as that sounded Kiara still felt bad about not doing the most at the moment.

As Naraca introduced himself to the girl Kiara simply waited for the woman to introduce herself as well before telling her her name. When it came to meeting new people Kiara was very reserved and tried not to implusively let herself be known to them. Right now all she wanted to do was just observe this woman.

"I think if we stay out here any longer more trouble will come our way, and I dont want anymore trouble tonight as is."

With that Kiara smiled pleasantly at the two who were still awake and started heading back in the direction of which they came so they could go back to Naraca's home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 pm

OOC: Nhala is still asleep. You can skip my posting turn. There's not much I can do, unless you want details about how she lays limply on the city floor, and a list of bruises and cuts. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 pm

As the last of the thugs ran away, Cerelia noticed the boulder move. She stared at it, and before long, an insanely large man loomed over him. Cerelia gawked at his size. HE came out of the sky and caused all that destruction?

No wonder they all fled.

Naraca introduced himself and thanked her for helping the unconscious girl. Cerelia was stunned, and looked at Kiara and Nhala, then back to Naraca.

Cerelia tried collecting her thoughts, and barely managed to introduce herself. Uh, I Im Cerelia. She didnt see his extended hand, and quickly looked away.

Kiara looked like she was waiting for her to say more, but quickly got up and began walking away.

I think that if we stay out here any longer, more trouble will come our way. What Kiara said was true. If not the thugs, who had witnessed their crushing defeat, then the Dai Li, who policed Ba Sing Se. Cerelia thought about how unpleasant it would be to be interrogated by the Dai Li.

Uh, yeah. We probably should go. The Dai Li will undoubtedly investigate this. Cerelia stood up and waited, not knowing if she was invited to stay with them or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am

Refusing the hand shake was no surprise to Naraca. He was a big guy, no way around it. Smaller girls like Cerelia here would undoubtedly keep there guard up. It was sad that women had to be cautious of men. History shows time and time again that men always prey upon women. They are meant to be protectors, not predators. However, Naraca was thankful to Cerelia nonetheless.

Naraca heard Kiara's stern remark. He sighed then looked over Nhala. Regret was on his mind at the moment. He probably put her in an even worse situation then before. She lay there limp and unconscious, because of Naraca. All that ran through his mind was what he could have done better to protect her. Once he declared guardian ship of Kiara that also meant for any other member of the team. Yet he caused Nhala harm. She was not even awake to here Naraca's apology. He was sad and it was Naraca's fault.

Bottling this up inside himself for now Naraca walked over to Nhala and gently picked her up like she was a feather. While taking great care he placed her his shoulder so that her stomach was resting on his shoulder. Since his shoulder were three feet apart there was plenty of room for someone as small as Nhala. He kept his hand on her back for support.

Kiara seemed to want to leave right away and Naraca immediately followed. As he did, Cerelia made a comment of "We" should get somewhere safe. Naraca stopped and turned around to look at Cerelia. As far as he was concerned she was just another citizen of Ba Sing Sae. He would not be able to take in everyone who had it rough.

"You can follow us to the Rich district, it's safe there." He said to Cerelia

"But after that you need to go home." He told her firmly.

Naraca did not know who she was or how she got here. Since she saved Nhala life he was willing to help her out of this part of town, but after that she would have to leave. Not everyone could be a part of the new Avatar team. And certainly not some little girl. He was not aware of what she was a capable of and he was not willing to take the time to find out.

All Naraca was focused on was just getting Nhala to safety. He knew that since Kiara was a master of water bending that she could heal Nhala, but they were going to do that back at the house.
After a quick readjustment of Nhala on his shoulder he continued to walk back to his house with Kiara and Cerelia.
All Naraca knew was that he could not keep everyone, so Cerelia would have to leave as soon as they set foot in the rich district.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Kiara continued to walk her mind more focused on the task ahead of her. She had now clue who or what this Terra girl looked liked or acted. All the information that was given to her were based on actual stories that were told ever since Kiara had set foot on her journey.

Her thoughts however were abruptly haulted because of Naraca's words to the woman. As if she was listening the entire time Kiara's feet quickly halted and then twisted around so she was able to look at Naraca and Cerelia.

"This woman saves Nhala from certain suffering and all you say to her is she needs to go home? The least you can do is have her stay a night and be grateful she was there before I was. If I said we need to get home before things get worse what makes you think that I want her out here alone?"

Kiara crossed her arms and stared up at Naraca with a bit of anger and disappointment. She honestly thought Naraca would have a bit more sense of gratitude.

"If something happens at your home then I will take full responsiblity for it. But just let the woman stay for the night and we'll see what happens tomorrow. Is that making it clear enough?"

She then sighed a little thinking about what she was going to say,

"If you do not let her stay then I will stay out here with her to make sure she gets to where ever she is going safely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Nhala's head whipped back and forth with every step Naraca took. Her head bounced around on every stair he took, and over every hole he passed over. Her arms dangled lifelessly, batting his back during their walk into the Upper Ring.

Nhala breathed in sharply during the walk. It was a pained breath, a restricted intake of air. For a moment, an expression was visible on her face. It was one of discomfort, of slight sufferance. But the look quickly faded back to her blankness. Once again, she was silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Cerelia followed them towards the rich district, thinking about where she could possibly go. It was obvious that Naraca didn't want her staying, despite how grateful he said he was. Kiara seemed to distrust her, despite saving Nhala. But with good reason. If she had been the Avatar, Cerelia would be doing all she could to get close to her.

suddenly, Kiara stopped and turned around. Naraca and Cerelia stopped as well. Kiara began yelling at him.

"If something happens at your home then I will take full responsiblity for it. But just let the woman stay for the night and we'll see what happens tomorrow."

Was she really defending her? Someone who she didn't even know? Cerelia was shocked. As Kiara finished, Cerelia took a step back.

'She'd stay with me until I was safe? But I have nowhere to go! How could I possibly explain that? I didn't even go through customs.'
Cerelia stood quietly, waiting to see what would happen next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Battered by harsh words from Kiara, Naraca merely stood still while listening to her talk. She wanted to repay this women who saved Nhala somehow. She wanted to let this women stay in his house. What the hell was this? Naraca couldn't just take in everyone he saw who had a rough life. His house was becoming a homeless shelter now. If a thug came and attacked Kiara but then someone else came in and save her would Naraca have to take them in his house as well? He said he did not want anymore tag along's, but apparently Kiara was not respecting that.

Naraca was ready too protest when she then went on too say that if Naraca did not take the women in then Kiara would stay with Cerelia. Naraca looked back at Cerelia for a moment then back to Kiara.
Naraca's lips tightened together. He was Kiara's Guardian and he could not leave her alone. Therefore he had no choice but to take in Cerelia for the night. It was not even confirmed if she had a home or not. Yet Naraca was being left with no choice.

Right now Kiara was taking advantage of Naraca things, while giving no respect to him whatsoever. While he was willing to do what he could for Kiara, he was not about to become her toy.
Naraca readjusted Nhala so she woud be more steady. he then made a B line straight for Kiara. he approached and went up so close her that he was only inch's away. he looked down and straight into Kiara's piercing blue eyes. His brown eyes stared into her with hidden fury. His eyes were narrow and with his free hand he made a fist.

"Get this straight Kiara. I'm your Guardian, not your slave. I'll let Cerelia stay, but try and ask me next time instead of ordering me. Were partners now Avatar, so start acting like it."
Naraca said with a strong and firm tone. He was not about to let his relationship with her turn out badly. He was going to teach her what he could about earth bending, as it his he already screwed as Guardian. he failed to protect Nhala, now he was being scolded for not following up to Kiara's moral code. There were so many things wrong with her demands that he was hard to believe she was expecting Naraca to just bend over backwards and follow orders.

Nevertheless, Naraca would let it go this one time. He looked to Cerelia.
"Follow us, you can stay at my place for the night." He told Cerelia.

After that Naraca simply began to walk over too his house, keeping quiet and not saying a word. He did not want to talk to Kiara like that. However, he was not about to let the title of Avatar, go to her head. She said it herself, she wanted to be treated normally just like everyone else. So, he was going to make sure that there realstionship stayed that way. Even if he had to remind her of what she asked for earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:26 am

Kiara couldn't even hold in her laughter as he began to talk for two simple reasons. The first one was simple, Naraca had jumped over her moral code seeing it as a demand rather than a very persuasive suggestion. The second one was that he had so called hidden his furry but it was clearly being seen in his eyes and tone with her.

She continued to giggle until he called her by what she was. Her ice blue eyes had widened and her mouth curved into the straighest it had been since the fight with Azula. Looking from him to Cerelia she quickly stared back at him.

"Do you realize what you just said!!!!"

Again someone seemed to instantly shut down the trust she had with them in less that 24 hours. That was when the young water bender had made her final decision about people from this point on...no more opening up to them. Kiara looked around frantically trying to see or hear if anyone else heard what he called her.

Without saying another word Kiara turned her back to the three but kept on her toes and held a defensive demeanor about herself while they walked back to Naraca's house. While walking Kiara decided on one more thing..she was going to find Terra on her own without them helping. It was bad enough that woman who stood right next to Naraca heard every word of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 am

Kiara began laughing off her anger as Naraca began threatening her. No doubt it would only make him madder.

Cerelia moved off to the side, away from Naraca. Suddenly, she could hear a whole lot better.

"We're partners now, Avatar, so start acting like it." Naraca growled.

Cerelia stopped where she was. Her mind began playing the story her father had told her about the Avatar. How close he'd come to being killed, and the whole reason she had begun travelling.

Kiara stopped laughing. Her face froze. Dissapointment, anger, and slight fear began to show.

"Do you realise what you just said?" Kiara shouted back.

Cerelia frowned. So it was true. This really was the Avatar. But now that she found her, what should she do?

Kiara looked around frantically. Without saying a word, she'd turned around and continued on to the house. Slowly, Cerelia began to follow, keeping a close eye on Naraca. The fainted girl still collapsed on his shoulder in a very uncomfortable position. She hesitated for a moment, and thought about offering to take the girl herself. But the realization that she'd be weighed down dawned on her. She'd have trouble carrying her, as she appeared to be about the same age and weight. Cerelia continued to the house.

Upon reaching the house. It was more like a fortress than a house. Silver stairs led to a steel door with golden lanterns hanging above it.

'What kind of house is this?' Cerelia wondered.

Walking up the stairs, she followed Kiara into the house, noting that it was already unlocked. Despite the odd entrance, the inside was really impressive. The interior was decorated with green and gold objects and furniture, with light brown walls.

Even in the moonlight, Cerelia could see the backyard. her whole life in the deert had trained her to spot things in the distance and in low light. The backyard had a pond, the grass was cut low, and a strange tree with some sort of fruit stood near the pond. Cerelia suppressed the urge to investigate the tree while she still could. She turned around and looked at Kiara as she sat down and sighed.

Cerelia put her bag down and sat across from Kiara. Looking around the room, she put her hands on her lap an began twiddling her thumbs.

"So... how did you two meet?" Cerelia asked.

Last edited by Cerelia on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 am

As Naraca walked while carrying Nhala in a not so comfortable manner he could only think, while holding in his anger for the time being. What kind of Avatar was Kiara? She persisted to use Naraca as her puppet. Once Naraca walked up to her to confront her she merely laughs in his face, a big sign of disrespect. So far Kiara acted likea cruel and heartless Avatar. One that would be better suited as Fire Lord then Avatar. She sure as hell did not act like someone to work with. If you rally people to help you then you listen to them as well, and take it into heart when someone expresses how they feel.

Once at the front door of his house he was about to walk inside when suddenly someone already decied to make themselves at home, without premission. Cerelia merely walk inside as if the house was her own and then proceeded to sit down on one of his chairs. He could not pay attention to this right now though, he had to get Nhala in her bed.

He walked over to Nhala's room and then to the bed. He gently let her off his shoulder and on the bed. He adjusted her so that her head was on the pillow and her body was fully on the bed. To make her as comfortable as possible he raised a blanket over her and then let her sleep. It was the least he could do for failing as a Guardian so quickly.

For a Guardian, Naraca was off the a bad start.
he turned around then walked to the door. He shut off the lights then closed the door behind him as he stepped out.

Back in the living room Cerelia asked a question about how he and Kiara met. However, Naraca did not respond, he was not in any mood for small talk. Instead he walked right over to Kiara.

Naraca was not the type to hld his anger and he hated letting people get away with things that hurt other people. Back in the Dai Lee Naraca would get insulted all day and night, both during training, and in actual duty. However, there was something disrespect coming from the Avatar herself that bothered him.
He walked towards her until he was right up close to her, not as close as before but still too close comfort. He towered over her as he glared right at her.

"Were supposed to be partners, if you value that realationship then you will go the backyard with me." He ordered.

"Whatever problems you have with me and I with you, we should get them out of the way now" He told her

Naraca walked to the backyard then waited once standing close to the pond. He still wanted to fight with the Avatar. But fighting with Kiara was another matter all together. He wanted to put there confilctions to rest. She would not laugh at him unless she had a problem with him. Apperently after all he gave her he was still not being good enough for her. He pointed her away from fire nations soldiers, he gave her a way in Ba Sing Sae, her gave her his bed and then his life. Yet this is how she repayed him?

Truly, Kiara had problems, Naraca was going to do everything he could to find out what they were then find a way to either work around them, or help her deal with them. Because so far, the idea of staying with this women was becoming a little hard to digest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:44 pm

On the way back to the house Kiara was slightly bothered at the fact that the rest of the walk was quiet but none the less she shook it off. But seeing Cerelia walk in before Naraca but after her it had surprised her a bit. When Cerelia had set her stuff down and sat in the chair Kiara smiled just a tad.

"It is a long and unfortunate story..maybe after this talk with Naraca I will share how we met."

Before he even asked to meet her in the backyard Kiara had left the house and had sat herself infront of the pond watching the Koi swim as gracefully as ever. Her eyes were closed as it seemed like she was surpressing her anger or to him meditating.

"I have a problem with what you've sworn." Kiara started right at the problem before she started talking. "I do not need you protecting me..rather you fighting alongside me. I can handle my problems. I do not like being treated like a child and talked down to. I laugh to calm myself down because I swear I was two seconds away from starting a fight with you."

She inhaled then exhaled the crisp air and continued to talk, "I do believe that my little rant was a suggestion not a demand I know it clearly flew past your head and you took it in a disrespectful tone. So I will apologize for everything that has happened."

Kiara stayed in her sitting position, looked over and up her shoulder before flashing the same smile she did when she first met him. For her sake as well as his Kiara had decided not to bring up the fact that he had blown her cover to a person they had barely knew. He'd find out sooner or later how much damage he had exactly made.

Then a thought had crossed her mind, Nhala! By now the young girl had to be bleeding excesively. Kiara jumped up looking up at Naraca.

"Come with me so you can talk in Nhala's room because she needs to be healed and I almost completely forgot about her..."

As they both walked into the house Kiara grabbed a large bucket and filled it up with warm water before walking into Nhala's room with Naraca. Kiara took a deep breath and concentrated still listening to Naraca talking. Kiara dipped her hand in the pail to check if the water was warm enough. Smiling a bit Kiara set her hands downward like a praying mantis before twisting the up. As if the water was a snake reacting to a snake charmer the water danced around the room the wrapped itself around Nhala's body. Kiara blew on it freezing it instantly and quickly rushed into the bathroom grabbing a towel.

Coming back in the room Kiara lifted Nhala's head having the blood soak in the towel until she could tend to that wound. Kiara set her hands on Nhala's ice covered body up to her neck. Her hands were placed ontop of the ice over her stomach before her hands melted inside. With a wave of her fingers the water inside the ice covering Nhala melted and began to glow with Kiara's hands. Kiara kept her eyes glued on the bruises and wounds and grinned a bit when noticing them disappear with ease.

Once finished with her body wounds Kiara withdrew her hands the rest of the ice melting and following the rest of the water and her hands. Kiara's left hand swished towards the pail while half of the water went back into the bucket. Her right hand was an open palm and her fingers were moving as if she was spinning marbles in her hand, the water swished in a marble like state until Kiara had lifted Nhala's head in her lap. Making a bowl out of the water Kiara made sure it had surrounded the wound as she stuck both hands into the 'bowl' as it began glowing once more but more brighter then when she was healing Nhala's body. After about half an hour on Nhala's head wound alone she smiled greatly seeing it close up completely.

"She'll be sore...but okay..." Kiara made a graceful pushing slide to the pail as the rest of the water gently filled the bucket up like it was orginally. Laying Nhala back down Kiara smiled a bit at herself happy to have helped out in anyway possible. "I just hope she isn't as sore as I believe she'll be.."

Last edited by Kiara_Tunada on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Naraca walked into the house and told Kiara to meet him outside. He'd set Nhala's limp body on a bed and closed the door. As he had done so, Kiara had gone outside. All alone at the table, Cerelia stood up and entered the room. Since nobody was going to treat the girl, she'd at least inspect the damage. Years of roughhousing had proven to Cerelia just how frail the human body was. Cerelia noticed a little bit of blood on the pillow.

Standing up, she exited the room. Suddenly, Kiara and Naraca rushed into the house and into the room she had just left. The door was left open and Cerelia watched as Kiara began healing Nhala. But she stopped and ran to get a towel. Cerelia stepped out of the way and watched. As she began healing Nhala again, Cerelia began thinking to herself.

'Father, I don't know what to believe anymore. You always told me the Avatar was a monster, a person who'd nearly killed you, but what I'm seeing right now is a girl who's caring for a friend. If that were me, would she have healed me, or does she do it just for her allies?' Cerelia closed her eyes and sat down. Kiara showed no signs of stopping.

'As much as I want to regain your honor, I don't see how I can do it. As long as that bodyguard is there, I can't make a move. And it would appear she's on edge. If she counts me as a friend, how can I betray that trust? The Desert Fox could do it, but I certainly couldn't.' Cerelia opened her eyes and looked back at Kiara and Nhala. After thirty minutes of healing, she had finally finished, putting the water back into the bucket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:39 pm

A moment passed, and a faint sigh rose from Nhala, followed by a sharp inhale as her eyes snapped open. "Mom?" She inquired to the hazy figure looming next to her. She began to raise her head, but dropped it back down with a whimper. It felt like someone had taken a hammer to her head, and the throbbing hurt.

She breathed for a moment, calming herself as she reopened her eyes. Her sight was still blurry, and was clearing quickly. "You're not mom." Nhala concluded, looking up at Kiara. She turned her head to look around the room, and saw Naraca. "Hi." She muttered quietly. She returned her gaze to Kiara. "What happened? Where," She paused, closing her eyes with a sigh, "Where are the creepy men?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Things began to clear up a bit as Kiara began to protest the oath Naraca swore. He watched her as she talked about her problem. She had every right to not enjoy the oath he swore. However to oppose it now instead of earlier when he made the oath was a little late. She did not want protection, not the strictest sense anyway. Kiara then spoke of how she did not like being treated like child and was ready to attack Naraca. She also laughed when in stress.

He listened and understood. The laughing was a habit she needed to break if she wanted a good relationship with her allies, and the fact she was considering to attack Naraca was also a bad sign. Does she fight everyone who may have a problem with her? Violence is not the key to solving your problems, it just makes them worse and you end up regretting ever starting that fight in the first place.

Before he could speak he was interrupted by Kiara who realized that she had to go heal Nhala. While Kiara made a mad dash for Nhala, Naraca hesitated to follow.
He still was her guardian, but she wanted to have more freedom to do as she pleased. It was understandable, but she still needed protection. All it would take is one slip up, one mistake and Kiara would be done for. She was the Avatar, and she could probably even beat Naraca. However that was not the point, he would much rather jump in front of her to protect her instead of letting her risk her life. He had to keep her safe as she trained, even after mastering all of the elements Naraca would still want to protect her. Only until she would fight the fire lord would he step away since the fire lord was meant for the Avatar only to fight.

Now following Kiara, Naraca walked into the room and saw Kiara already began to heal Nhala. He saw she was bleeding, something that was not happening when she was in Naraca's hands. He leaned up against the wall on the room, the massive sword on his back pressed against him with mild discomfort. He watched Kiara as she went to work with the water. It was a site Naraca had seen before during his time at the Dai Lee. Several scars surrounded Naraca's body, some of which were once wounds healed by water benders.

He noticed Cerelia watching Kiara as well. Naraca looked at the girl and and thought about what might be thinking. He knew that she had to heard Naraca revel that Kiara was the Avatar. Undoubtedly he would have to keep an eye on Cerelia. She was not asking about Kiara being the Avatar so therefore she must have been hiding something. Only time would tell if she would become an enemy or a friend.

"That laughing Kiara, it's a habit you should break." He suddenly said while turning his head to her.

"Not a lot of people will understand that your getting rid of stress. They will just see it as disrespect and then you get very far in life" By "in life" he meant her journey as the Avatar.

Naraca wanted to talk about his Guardian ship with Kiara.

"I still want to protect you." He said while brushing some strands of black hair from his face.

"All it would take is one little mistake and your done for. I would be there to prevent those mistakes. You can still have as much freedom as you please"

As a Guardian it did not mean holding Kiara back from doing things, it just meant that he would keep her safe as she did the things she would want to do.

"I just need to be there in case of an emergency." He told her.

Naraca took a look back at Cerelia. As of now she was probably trying to comprehend that Kiara was the Avatar and she would be taking every little bit of information as a clue to Kiara being the Avatar.
He stayed there for the entire duration of Nhala's healing process, he also waited there for Nhala to wake up.

As time passed Naraca stayed in the exact same spot. He kept his eyes and Nhala, Kiara and Cerelia. He stayed silent as well. Undoubtedly he would need to make it up to Nhala for hurting her. On one end he saved her from the much larger mod, on the other hand though, the result of stopping these men ended up nearly killing her. In the end some random girl on the street had to do his job for him.

Once Nhala woke up Naraca took his back off the wall and walked up to Nhala and looked down at her. She was filled with questions and looked confused. At one moment she sees an explosion, and in the next moment she wakes up in a bed with Kiara and Naraca standing around her.
She asked where the thugs were.

"There gone now" Naraca answered.
"However there is someone here you should meet" He said while motioning his hand to Cerelia.
"This is Cerelia, she saved you from getting kidnapped by one of the men."
Naraca gave no credit to himself for what he did. He did not deserve it, Cerelia was the hero here, not Naraca.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 am

As Naraca started talking and explaining himself a bit of Kiara wanted him to stop. A part of her just knew that she was in the wrong and somehow that girl still managed to smile. However when Nhala woke up and replied that Kiara wasn't her mother Kiara smiled softly.

"No..I'm not her.."

She had spoken in the most softest and genuine voice they have yet to hear from her. Kiara then looked at Naraca as he started talking and turned her back to the bed,

"I am going to rest, it has been a long day." The clasping her hands together and taking a large breath Kiara began to speak again. "Naraca forgive me and I will work on my issues..if you work on yours. Do not let your temper control you and your mouth and I will do the same with mine and my rash personality."

Kiara did her best and said it without attitude or anything he could take offensively. She was tired and what Nhala had said to her kept ringing in her head. It made her think of her mother and how quick she had left her in this world to find her place.

Stopping at the doorway and setting her hand on the wood Kiara let her gaze drift to the three standing there.

"I'll see you all in the morning, I am so sorry..for everything."

As if in a hurried manner Kiara rushed into her room closed the door. There was a locket that was holding her hair. She unlocked it as her hair once again fell past her shoulders and stopped a bit at her elbows. The Avatar then rested the locket on the table near the bed and climbed into just letting her mind drift into the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   

Back to top Go down

The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next