Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

Clarifacation on bending skill/ mastery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

Number of posts : 1908
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Clarifacation on bending skill/ mastery Empty
PostSubject: Clarifacation on bending skill/ mastery   Clarifacation on bending skill/ mastery Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:46 pm

It has come to my attention that very few people have understood what I meant about the new way of doing ranking.

The first thing I would like to make clear is that everyone starts as a master. I came to the conclusion that there was no way to monitor the powers of each person, because they could 'level up' in the middle of a battle or an exceptionally long post. Therefor I have done away with leveling up.

So then, you might be wondering... how do the senior members of the site (those of us who have been here from the beginning) have an advantage over the younger members. The answer is, physically we don't. From the very beginning of the site I have said that the detail and skill of the person sitting behind the computer is more effective and powerful than the actual character. In more famous terms: The pen is mightier than the sword. So those of us who have been on here longer simply have the advantage of being more experience in posting, and posting battles, etc.

I could spend all day writing about how this is true, but my best example is that back in the 2.0 version, a character was created named Shadow. This character as the lowest rank possible defeated the Earth King in one on one combat. Which proves my point. Tan-ko can verify this battle if you doubt me.

So then the final question that you might have is... if everyone is a master, then what prevents everyone from having G-modding powers, or from one bending power being more powerful than the others. This is done so in the special powers section of each person's profile (NOT the character sheet). In it you get to select TWO different special powers that are your bending type UNLESS you select a power with an * next to it, which means that if you were to select it, you would only be permitted that one, and not a second power.

Since this post is rooted int he rules section, you will not be able to reply to it, so if anyone has any questions or comments, post them in the Help Forum.

Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg.forumotion.com

Clarifacation on bending skill/ mastery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender :: Notices/Updates/Rules/Help :: Rules-
Jump to: