Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

A Flame From the Ashes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aestuo
Staff
Aestuo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-10-17

A Flame From the Ashes Empty
PostSubject: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:40 pm

A hot wind seared the back of Aestuo's neck as he walked through the crowded streets of Chung-Ling City, home of the legendary Fire Fountain. People jostled close past him, occasionally knocking him slightly. While his body felt it, his mind barely recognized the sensation - his mind was set on one thing alone.

His eyes were locked on the huge house at the top of the hill the city rested on. Within it was the wall blocking Aestuo's path into the Fire Nation Army - within was the General whose position Aestuo so dearly wanted. It was not to be, however - even Aestuo's delusions of grandeur could not tempt him away from the fact that he would never stand in front of the army of the Fire Nation. Never would his life dream be complete - to lead his glorious nation into battle against their greatest enemies.

A soft sigh escaped his chapped lips as he continued walking. His hands moved almost absent-mindedly, checking his bodice for his few belongings. His dagger sat lightly underneath his tunic, and he could feel a small bag of money jangling within his trousers. He weaved silently through the crowd, none of the buy shoppers giving him a second glance. A soft smile crept to his lips. Fools...

His hands moved swiftly, like a snake striking at it's prey. Numerous coin purses were grabbed within seconds, his trousers quickly becoming weighed down by the huge amount of gold within his pockets. He smiled widely, causing one particularly large bald man to glare at him with a funny expression. If there was one thing he was good at, it was escaping without being caught. And now he ju-

"Hey!" yelled the bald man as he walked towards Aestuo accusingly. A scowl flashed across the young bender's face as he ducked, attempting to disappear within the masses. The man's eyesight was too great, however - he spotted his long hair from a mile off.

He grabbed Aestuo by the collar, dragging him out of the flowing crowd of people. As they stood on the edge of the market street, panic flooded Aestuo's mind. What was going to happen to him?

"Turn out your pockets!" the man said aggressively, and Aestuo almost fainted. He had never been caught before! Why now? Why today! "I said, turn out your pockets," the man said aggressively, which somehow bolstered confidence in Aestuo's actions.

"Oh yeah?" the smaller boy squeaked. "Under who's authority?"

"My authority, I believe," came a voice from behind Aestuo, and he spun quickly, noticing the head of the guard standing before him. The color drained from Aestuo's face and he dropped to his knees, a single sob escaping his lips. The guard moved forwards slowly, feeling sympathy for the boy - his first mistake.

Aestuo shot upwards, his fist blazing with a huge flame. It connected heavily with the guard's chin, causing him to stumble backwards. Before he could even react, Aestuo was gone, sprinting away into the crowds. A yell came up across the whole street, with people moving out of the boy's way as he ran towards them. He groaned as he spotted more guards ahead of him, and turned quickly down a side-alley.

A larger groan escaped his mouth as he realized that the far end of the alleyway was boarded up. As eh looked around desperately, a voice came to him from a nearby door.

"Hey kid - come in here, quickly!" the voice said, and Aestuo rushed towards it, grateful for his last hope.

As he got into the house, he span around, shutting the door fast behind him. He pressed his ear against it, and listened carefully as a contingent of guards rushed past. A sigh escaped his lips, and he turned to his savior, whose face had turned pale.

"Y-y-you're..." the man muttered, but he had no time to finish his sentence. Aestuo, embarrassed at the man recognizing him, was already out of the door like a shot. He sprinted out of the alleyway and turned quickly, running straight into the arms of two waiting guards.

They grabbed him under his armpits, and held him still, despite his struggling. He yelled obscenities and empty threats at them, but they paid him no heed. Although he could not see where he was going, he could feel it - right up the hill, to the General's house.

The guards stopped for a second, greeting the guards at the door. After a hurried chat, the doors swung open, and the guards took their prisoner in. They walked in this fashion for several minutes, until they had reached the Main room. The guards dropped him on the floor there, causing him to yelp out in surprise.

"Thanks for that..." Aestuo muttered as they left, muttering to himself about incompetent guards. He froze, however, as he heard a man clearing his throat behind him.

Realizing his fate, he turned slowly, keeping his head bowed. He walked forward in silence, before dropping to one knee at the General's feet.

"Father..."
Back to top Go down
Zira
Rank I
Zira

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:57 pm

"I wonder when Nana is coming back.."

Zira started walking back towards her Grandmothers house easily moving threw the crowd. Living here for the past two years was absolutely peaceful seeing as the reason why she came was a bit dreadful. This would be the only time she had ever been wondering where he nana went, only because Zira had heard that the Avatar had returned and it had not reached this village yet. A friend of hers who lived where the Avatar was currently residing had told her that the Avatar along with another man had left the fire nation after fighting the fire nation princess Azula.

As she stepped into the house Zira noticed her grandma's bag on the floor. Setting the bag of groceries on the table Zira walked into the main room of the elegant house. Everything was decorated in fire nation attire and it was something Zira grew up with so the girl was more then use to it. But once she looked at her Nana Zira noticed two fire nation soldiers sitting beside her.

"Nana..."

Her grandmother smield sympathetically, "They just want to take you to see the general..."

As the men stood up Zira's heart began to race as she simply complied and went with them. She hugged herself a bit never actually meeting someone as high ranked as the general before. While passing threw the city again Zira noticed a man being chased and looked out the window frowning.

Guess everyone isn't having a good day..

After arriving at the front of the palace door Zira snatched away from the guard who grabbed her arm protectively. "Don't touch me like that I am old enough to walk by myself.."

"We just want to make sure you aren't going to go any where..." Two guards grabbed her arms and this time Zira actually started trying to stop walking and yelling. Without knowing that the general was busy at the time the group of guards who were carrying Zira.

"It would not kill you to learn any manners!!!" Zira replied as she was now kneeling on the floor. Her black hair covered the left side of her face and her grey eyes looked over at all the people staring at her and the other soldiers. Her eyes then looked over at the man who was standing a few feet away from her. That was the same boy that she had seen running threw the crowd earlier. But once then men started talking Zira looked away from him standing on her feet. She was uncomfortable with all these men in the room and her just being the only female.

"General sir...this girl claims to know that the Avatar has returned.."
Back to top Go down
Aestuo
Staff
Aestuo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 pm

"Rise, my son. How many times have I told you that you are not to bow to me in this hall?" the General said, causing Aestuo to flinch. His father's voice still sent shivers down his spine - ones that would not be easily cooled.

Aestuo kept bowed, and shook his head softly. "You know that I wish to be treated as the others, Father. How else will I learn discipline and true power?" Aestuo said in a quiet voice, causing his father to laugh kindly.

"Aestuo, you know that you will maintain a place in the Fire Nation Army as long as I am General. Which will be for a long time, gods willing!" The General turned to the few within the room, and grinned with them, before turning back to his son. "But what you have done will not be excused, even if you are my son. You will be confined to... Your room, until I see fit for you to come out. Do you understand?"

Aestuo's face burned as he could hear the other nobles trying to contain their laughter. But no more. He would show them just how strong he could be, just how good a leader, just how independent...

At that very moment, the guards dragged another person inside - a female, barely managing to stand up against the guard's will.

"General, Sir; this girl claims to know that the Avatar has returned," the guard said, and Aestuo turned his head, glaring at her. Could it be true? The avatar reappearing after all these years? Codswallop. It had to be a lie.

"Aestuo; go to your quarters. I will deal with you later. I must see to this now," the General said, and a familiar fire rose up within the young firebender.

"I will not do that, General. I must listen to what this girl has to say!"

The General then stood, displaying his full might. he glared down at Aestuo, flames raging within his eye sockets. He stepped forward, his gazed locked on Aestuo. "Know your place, child! Guards, take him away!" the General yelled, but Aestuo moved first.

He dived to the side, thrusting his fist forward and releasing a stream of flames from the end of it. They flew towards the General, who batted them to the side with little effort. As they crossed his eyesight however, Aestuo was already gone.

Even the guards had no chance of catching up with him as he flew out of the building, ducking and diving round corners like a criminal mastermind. Before long he found himself in the middle of the city, outside an old tea-shop. A perfect place to hide.

[EXIT]
Back to top Go down
zutara
Unranked
zutara

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

"I'm so sorry I'm late. Where's the girl?" Kunai ran into the hall to see the General standing over a small dark haired girl.

"Aah yes. Consort Kunai. Shall we start the interigation." the General said. His confidence and stuck up demeanor made her sick. She sighed and tried to be respectful.

"Actually. Being the consort I was planning on interigating her myself. And I am a more powerful firebander than you." The genreal nodded and left the halls. Kunai bent down to the girl. She grasped her chin and lifted her grey eyes to meet her purple ones.

"Now I am going to speak and when instructed you are to scream as if you are in pain. If not I will cause you actual pain. Is. That. Understood." For a long moment the two stood locked together.

(I kinda just cut it. Is it cool now. Sry Im just new)

Last edited by zutara on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zira
Rank I
Zira

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:06 am

HOLD UP A MINUTE!!!!!

How are you going to just auto play my character like that??? I am her you are not so therefore you do not just reply to a topic and use my character like that!!! Its in the rules you can't do that!!! I RP ZIRA...just like everyone else here they play their own characters...i would really appreciate it if you would not do that again and erase or edit your post because this is ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
zutara
Unranked
zutara

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:07 am

I'm sorry. This is my first time roleplaying. I though we just kinda moved the plot along with little story-lets. Im used to writing fanfiction. I'm so sorry!
Back to top Go down
Zira
Rank I
Zira

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:09 am

Its okay I guess...but make sure you read the rules next time :/ but i forgive you, it just confuses people ya know? Don't fret about it everything is fine, I wouldn't mind if you adressed my character and then I replied but yeahh that whole takin over someones character doesn't really work out well on here its okay
Back to top Go down
zutara
Unranked
zutara

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:11 am

I edited it.
Back to top Go down
Zira
Rank I
Zira

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 am

((yeah its fine..sorry I kinda freaked :/ *hold hand out* I'll guide you around the site if you have any questions..))

Zira raised an eyebrow looking at the girl, who was this girl acting like she had the authority to bounce around and threaten her. But as the general left conference room a bit of a sigh came out.

"You've got to be kidding me.."

Zira pulled her face away from Kunia and stared her down still being clearly defiant.

"Look..I don't know what you are doing or if you are on this save the world thing like the Avatar but lets get something straight...one, I was a noblemans daughter but things happened..."

But before Zira could finish she grinned crossing her arms. "I'll make a deal with you, get me out of here and I'll tell you everything you want to know..plus you have to help me master my firebending."
Back to top Go down
zutara
Unranked
zutara

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:19 am

(did u say the last thing or did i its kinda confusing)
Back to top Go down
Zira
Rank I
Zira

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:30 am

(No i did Smile just remember everything i type in my post is about what my character is doing..like yours should be the same way.)
Back to top Go down
zutara
Unranked
zutara

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:36 am

"That is what I'm trying to do!" Kunai threw her hands in the air and turned away from the frusrating girl. She sighed and let out a loud, high pitched scream, shooting fire at the metal door frame.

"YOU FILTHY PEASANT! YOU WILL SPEAK!" she screamed at the door. She turned back to Zira. Her eyes softened.

"Look. I need your help. I'm on you're side. If you don't give me the information I need than we are both in danger and considering what's at stake... your expendable. I need to know where the Avatar is and I need to know now." She ran her fingers through her hair, agitatedly twirling her dark hair. Before she could speak Kunai let out another shriek, this time clapping her hands.

"YOU ARE WORTHLESS!" Meeting the other girls confused look Kunai shrugged.

"I'm supposed to be torturing the information out of you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Flame From the Ashes   A Flame From the Ashes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Flame From the Ashes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender :: Locations :: Fire Nation-
Jump to: