Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

Healing among the lake of fire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Myindoh
Rank I
Myindoh

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Healing among the lake of fire Empty
PostSubject: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 am

((OOC: We never actually get to see a hospital in Avatar so I'm just kinda winging it here with this one, excuse anything that might not be very Avatarish))

Foot steps echoed throughout the hallway, each step was loud but easy to dismiss. Pain which had finished cleansing this village let only this hospital remain for now. The stairway was brightly lit with florescent lights that shined an unattractive brightness that made Pain keep his eyes straight ahead, not paying attention to the lights at all.
He continued his walk down the stairs, letting Lyra follow him.

The pain she would feel was a necessary bonus as she would make her way down the stairs. The building was warm inside, it retained heat well while keeping the intense temperature outside away.
Once down a couple stories Pain took a right and opened the door, he stayed at a pace for Lyra to follow so she would know where he was going.
He placed his hand on the door knob, turned it, then opened it wide and walking in.

The floor he walked onto had rows of rooms with doors. He walked to the closest door then opened it. There was a hospital curtain, he use his hand to brush it aside, seeing the hospital bed, a window which overlooked the black lake and red sky's, the floor was a dark blue that had a click to it with each step, there was a chair and a closed bathroom door.

Pain turned his head to Lyra who would hopefully be close enough to see him at this point.

"Come, sit down on the bed here" He told her as he motioned his head towards the hospital bed.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Rank I
Lyra

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Lyra followed him down the staris and through each door, The building was cooler than it was outside. And the cooler air did kind of set her burns to flame. However no smoke was able to infect her wounds anymore. The lights that hung off the wall, glowing bright made her eyes hurt just a little, after staring into the flames just a moment ago, it made her feel a little distraught. Her stomach clenched a little, she was unsure of how this man was able to stomach the air they breathed just a little ago. It was full of smoke and dust from debris. Yet he didnt even seem phased about it.

Lyra watched as he opened a room, and pushed back a curtain. There was a flat hospital bed where he asked if she would sit. Lyra nodded and walked over to the bed, she hoisted herself up, and her toes dangled toward the floor. Hse was only Five and a Half Feet, so her feet werent even close to touching the floor. Yet this man still towered above her.

She looked around, and hoped that he knew what he was doing. Somehow she felt like a man of destruction who would take lives, wouldnt have knowledge of how to save a life. She bit her lip a little before asking, " What is it that i should call you? Since you have come to know my name... "
Back to top Go down
Myindoh
Rank I
Myindoh

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 am

Pain let Lyra sit down on the bed and get her self situated before he would get to work. He looked at her burns as she did, they were serious and couldn't be completly treated rigth away, but he would be able to handle it. Her question of his name briefly reminded him of the name he was given long ago. The name he was once identified with during his formor life. Yet Lyra would only come to know the name of God, not of the human that once was.

"Pain" he simply replied to her.

The human body was so weak, her body was still new to pain, yet even Pain himself was not immune to the agony and discomfort that pain brought. However pain to him brought a feeling of embrace, he did not enjoy it, but nor did he not want it. From him the feeling of Pain did not bring reflex of avoidence, but an understanding.

He turned around and walked over to the sink that was in the room, water should still be running since while everything was destroyed the pipes and systems would still remain briefly. He opened a cupboard that had a large bowl which he placed in the sink then turned the faucet on, the white water rushing down and filling up the large white bowl. As he let this fill up he reached back into the same cupboard and pulled out a cup where he filled it up with the glacier cold water. He set it down on the counter before placing his hands on the buttons of his long robe and seperated the them from the robe, opening it. he wore a dark grey shirt with net like armor around his upper chest, yet his body has several straps and holsters that were filled with medical supplies. He was aware that baptising the world through fire meant getting burned a couple times, and branding a mark onto those that ascended also required treatment.

He pulled out a small bottle that rattled with the sound of shifting pills. He opened it then lightly poured about 4 red pills on his hand. Placing the bottle down on the counter he picked up the cup of water with one hand and held the four pills in the other. He turned around and walked over to Lyra, extending his arms out for her to take the cup and pills.

"Take these, it will help" he informed her.

If she took them without any hasstle he would let her keep the cup of water to finished drinking as he walked back to the counter and pulled out different medical supplies from his coat and the holsters. He wouldn't need to ration his supplies this time since he was in a hospital and could refill everything after finishing up here.

"Tell me about your old life before you came here. How did you live before now?" He asked her as he sorted out his supplies.

While focusing on making the new world was important, Pain was aware that her loyalty would not be able to stay strong from his ideals alone. She would also need to be comfortable on a personal level, willing to fight for peace not just because it was what needed to be done, but because she wanted to for reasons that went beyond just because it was the right thing to do. Also, getting to know your partner in such a task never hurt.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Rank I
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:27 am

Lyra looked at him as he answered. Pain, that was to be his name for her. It was understandable, since he let her expirence true pain as a follower of his. She felt the sting of pain of her back still, and it assured her that this was right, what she was doing, was a right choice.

Lyra watched as he walked over to a sink, ans assembled a few things. she looked over, and through the indow she could still see the diaster around them, smoke, and fire, and heat rising up. Steam shooting up into the sky from the frigid ice waters making contact with the molten core of the planet.

She doesnt shudder, or even scowl, it almost looked beautifull in her eyes. To ehink of what his would all create, it almost made her smile as she stared out into the world. He brought back her attention with a bottle of pills, she took them, and placed it into her mouth. They didnt taste the best, but she swallowed them down anyways. She held the cup in her hands and looked at her feet as shw swayed them back and forth.

but when he asked her about her life before this, she froze just a little. She wasnt sure what to say, she didnt expect casual talk between them. He had a intimidating feel about him, so he kind of shocked her this way. Lyra hung her head again and simply replied, " I didnt have a life..."

She took a deep breath and spoke softly, " I lived on a enclosed island my whole life, with a mixed culture family, this is the first time ive seen any of the world." It was pathetic, and she knew. Why she didnt leave home any earlier, she didnt know, but she felt regret towards her pityfull life. Not expirencing others peoples and different culture is inhumane to some people.

" My parents kept me locked away with my older brother most of my life. We both left home togther, however i have no idea where he is nowadays. "
Back to top Go down
Myindoh
Rank I
Myindoh

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:01 am

It didn't take long to finish pulling out everything he needed for treating Lyra's burns. Once he was done taking everything out for her burn wounds he walked over to a table with wheels which he pulled over to the sink and placed the supplies on table.

He listen to Lyra though, to her story. Her life was not a life to her but a prison, enclosed from the rest of the world. Some would say such a thing wasn't so bad. Why worry about changing the world when it doesn't affect you in anyway?
Pain in the 1000 years he lived had pondered if those who never had a life to being with required a rebirth. They were not considered the fat of world, but nor were they the muscle. They did not make it worse, yet they did not make it any better.
Yet the problem was they did nothing to contribute, they simply fed off the planet without giving anything back. It was people like this who also needed to face judgement.
They to need pain, they also needed to see the truth.

Pain finally placed the large bowl of ice cold water on the movable table before rolling it over to Lyra. He stayed quiet, letting her tell him her story.
Lyra was a woman that had yet to see the world, the only world she would be able to see is the new one.
However, in time she might begin to question what was so bad about the old world, he was aware of this and knew that she would need to see the old world for herself before fully understanding why change was necessary.

His face remained like stone, it was seamless and perfect aside from the piercings. Yet even they made his face seem more godly.

He walked up to her while pulling the table close as well, he lightly placed one hand on her arm, lifting it up slight so he could see the burn. It was a 3rd degree burn and rather serious.

"Before seeing the new worlds rebirth, do you have any regrets about your old life?" He asked Lyra as he inspected the burn mark.

He knew there was still heat in there, his other hand was just above her arm as he began to fire bend any of the smoke and heat that remained within her burn. Pulling out all the hot materials from the burn itself.
Pain pulled his hand back and extracted it all from her burn, twisting and turning it all into a microscopic ball. He pointed his hand elsewhere and simply shot it out the door.

A dry cloth which was in his pocket was pulled out and placed in the bowl of icy water.
He grabbed a canister of a disinfecting spray which he lightly sprayed on her burn. This is where the pills would come in, there were custom made and didn't just stop pain. They were much more complex, they turned the very sensation of pain to a feeling that was still pain but the kind you would feel after a hard work out, the pain that hurt but felt good as well. This was to help her embrace the very feeling of pain itself into something that was not at all a discomfort, but not a joy either. With no side effects apart from a sensation of numbness through out the body these pills were what helped people like Lyra better enjoy the physical feeling of pain itself.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Rank I
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:22 am

As she sat up on the bed, Lyra watched as he assembled a few more things. She could feel as the pills she took, well, they were working. Thats all she knew. she felt a little different, the pain she felt was different. Not as if it hurt, but more of a pleasurable feeling to it. Like the burning of a hot springs, it hurt, but felt good still. Lyra couldnt explain it, and she wasnt prepared to question either.

She could see Pain concentrare, his face, without any expression. As he pulled the table and the bowl of water up to her, he asked if she regrets of her old life. Lyra bit her lip, she didnt actually really think about how she really felt about her life. The only thing she knew was that they kept her locked up. Was there purpose behind her parents thinking?

Lyra nodded, " I suppose i regret not living life and making each day better. I was too much of a dreamer to realize what i had." Lyra missed her family, and wondered if they were okay, and living healthy. " I dont regret leaving, It had to be done, but i regret not saying goodbye as well. " This was true, Lyra left home without really saying goodbye. Her parents had to just watch her leave out her front door.

The girl looked up at him as he pulled the smoke and debis from her burn in her arm, it felt a little funny, and left a small sting as the contaminents left her flesh. It was intriguing how he did all this. She smiled, " What about you, I dont suppose you have a family. " She stared up at him ith her blue eyes, hoping he would have someting to share with her. He was such a mystery to her, and she was reather durious about who, and how he came to be like this.
Back to top Go down
Myindoh
Rank I
Myindoh

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:50 am

To some it would be strange for someone who caused such pain and destruction to suddenly be healing and helping. Yet this was in fact the goal of Pain, destruction alone only brought ruin. The real task was to rebuild after the pain, once the understanding came. Lyra was an example of this, as of she was being healed, rebuilt in order to be better then she was before.

After finishing the application of the disinfecting spray he placed the canister back on the table, he reached his hand down into the bowl and took the now ice cold and wet cloth. He placed it gently on her burn wound on her arm, letting it numb the burn.
He kept the cloth on her arm, as he did he looked down at her burned thigh. He moved his other hand to that burn and began using his bending to extract out all the toxins and debris in the process.

As Pain listen to her regrets he understood her well. She didn't live life to the fullest because she had no life to live.
He asked what her regrets were though because it told him any lasting connections she may have had to the old world. Her family was still out there somewhere, and she never got say goodbye. Pain's understanding of the connections that those you were tied to by blood was vast.

While keeping connections like that only got in the way, in time they would need to be properly dealt with. For now though Pain let her finish.

A question was thrown back to him though. She wanted to know of his family. The question however only brought up fuzzy memories with no clear picture and bad sound. All he could see when he tried to remember was white noise and images that weren't clear.
Instead he remembered all the unnecessary things. The smell of his mothers hair, the color pattern on walls of the Air temples. The taste of the milk he drank everyday.

All he remembered though was his time in the Spirit World where he trained for around 1000 years. The dragon which taught him true fire bending. The spirits were his family, Fire and combat were his parents, and his goals were his friends.
Yet despite that, Pain was not the kind of man to lie.

"I don't remember parents, I only remember the visions of peace that my own teacher showed me." He said to her in a neutral voice.

"I've lived for a very long time, transcending into God as time passed. The human that I once was though...I don't remember a thing about him" "Him" was referred to as the person that Pain was before he became God.

Pain took out all of the harmful materials in Lyra's wound then shot it away. He kept the cloth on her arm as he grabbed the disinfecting spray and pushed down on the button, letting a gentle stream rain lightly on her burn.
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Rank I
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Lyra tilted her head to the side. Pain was a peculiar person. It as as if he has been alive since the dawn of time. Saying he has lived for a very long time. Transcending from a human, to this God like figure. It didnt make alot of sense to her. But she figured that she wouldnt bother too much with asking questions.

Lyra watched as he sprayed disifectant on her burns. It burned, quite a bit, but it would never equal up to the pain she faced earlier. Under his heated hand. The slow decaying of her flesh, the heat searing into her skin. She didnt scream or even flinch, only her eyes watched as it fell over what remained of her skin. Charred, pink, fleshy pale material. It smelled quite awfull.

She played with her bottom lip for just a moment before deciding to speak. " Yes, you may be a God now, with wisdom, and morals, but you still have the flesh and appearance of man. Thoughts of man, and ethics of man, " She looked down at her feet that dangled from the table. " You still are man. Still human... but the fact that you escaped the trap of time, is beyond my comprehesion. "
Back to top Go down
Myindoh
Rank I
Myindoh

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 pm

((OOC: Ain't the best this time))

The burn wound on Lyra's back would have to be dealt with last and would require more attention. For now he just focused on the wounds on her thigh and arm. After spraying the disinfectante he placed the canister on the table. He would let the disinfectante settle for a minute before continuing on.

He listen to her though as she talked about what she saw of him. His body was like that of a human, yet it was simply he that transcended beyond human. Her words of saying how he was like that of a man was not suprising though, nor did it bother him. Yet with his power, and his outlook on the world that no other human originally had, as well as his long age, he had grown beyond that of a human and became God.

He looked up from her wounds and to her eyes, yet her gaze was directed to her feet at the moment.

"I' am God made flesh, the messiah and the savior." He told her as he looked towards her.

After saying this he grabbed the cloth that was soaking in the icey water and squeezed out some of the water before placing it lightly on the wound on her arm. The disinfectant did not take long to settle in so it didn't need to wait too long before he could do this.

He kept the cloth on her wound and let the wound cool down a bit.

A small sigh came from Pain's lungs as he remembered his long life in the spirit world though.

"God does not age, I' am eteurnal" He said in a deeper voice.

"Tell me though, these regrets you have. Do you wish to settle these unfinished stories in your life? Or do you wish to move on from them and leave them the way they are?"
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Rank I
Lyra

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Lyra watched as he placed the canister back on the table, and before he spoke, she could feel his gaze on her, yet she didn't meet his eyes with hers. The girl kept an eye on her swinging feet, was it to keep away from his eyes? Was it because her mind was filled of her past, or perhaps she just waited for his answer. Her eyes were brought up to see his, while he explained what he was.

He was an extreme being, something very curious and unknown. Powerful, perhaps dangerous, but in his words, He was cleansing the world, not destroying it. Like a forest fire, destroying dying trees, it brings new and most cherished life that has been renewed. Green plants, to take the place of dead.

She felt as the cloth was placed on her wound, the cool fibers releasing the heat from her wound. she didn't flinch, or even shudder at the feeling, it was just there to her. Lyra looked at the window behind them as he asked her about her regrets.

Did she wasn't to fulfill them? Or was it best to leave them as be? Would it fix anything if she did go back and fulfill them? Is it too late? Questions filled her mind, and after a moment of thinking her eyes danced back across the room to face him.

"Regrets are those that cannot be undone or taken back. It is opportunities that should have been taken, and if not, its too late, "
she said simply, a sigh left her lips and a rather determined look appeared on her face, " But i learn from my mistakes in life, those regrets i have. And from this moment i plan on seeing those regrets fulfilled in a new way, by living my life a better way. By making each day memorable. "

She looked up at him before her, she wondered how i was that he realized he could be the bringer of the new world. How did he figure it out that he, was this all powerful being. Every moment she spent with him opened up her eyes to see the world for what it was. Instead of hiding it behind the mask of humanity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing among the lake of fire   Healing among the lake of fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healing among the lake of fire
Page 1 of 1