Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

Heist! But first a short interlude. (open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaizu
Rank I
Kaizu

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-10-28

Heist!  But first a short interlude. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Heist! But first a short interlude. (open)   Heist!  But first a short interlude. (open) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:18 pm

(OOC: Might be useful to read my previous postA Dragon's Gonna Be Hard to Steal to get a bit of knowledge on what my char is doing. or not.)

Kaizu felt like weeping. It wasn't because, for the first time in a long time, of money. It wasn't because people were out to kill him (though they were). It was because he was bored. His joints ached and lying in bed didn't even seem to relieve the problem. His eyes itched though he had spent the better part of two days asleep in his little rented hotel room. He had been chased by bandits, an unruly mob, and had left Omashu in a fashion that could only be described as spectacular. And now here he was, after much hard trudging. Ba Sing Se, the earth kingdom capital. Overrated he felt. And boy were they strict on refugees. Despite having all the necessary (forged) documents he was still jostled around like some sort of unwanted urchin. The extreme influx of refugees probably accounted for that.

And he was being watched. The Earth Kingdom police, whoever they were had put a tail on him, and he couldn't lose it without seeming suspicious. That meant no more illicit activities until this trailing stopped. No staking out the palace, no attending underground fight rings, not even any black market equipment searches. Just nothing. He was bored. His eyes popped open. He was hungry.

Racing out he propped up his hood and began weaving through the bustling crowd. Food! Where was there food. There! A noodle shop. He dashed for running through the open door. A little too fast... BanG! Another crash into an innocent bystander. Kaizu had to stop doing this. This was why he kept getting into trouble, always running into things. Sometimes literally. If he got kicked out of the city because of this he would definitely have some explaining to do. So the usual sarcastic remarks and witty attitude would have to be pushed aside. A little horrified at the thought of saying sorry Kaizu began to apologize.
Back to top Go down
Kaizu
Rank I
Kaizu

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-10-28

Heist!  But first a short interlude. (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heist! But first a short interlude. (open)   Heist!  But first a short interlude. (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:00 pm

"So how is it you keep managing to end up in jail?" Asked the shadows as Kaizu leaned restlessly against the bars of his cage. It was a thick metal cage suspended upon a blackened chain that stretched endlessly into the cavern above. The glowing crystals that lay embedded into the cave walls cast a nice glow, unfortunately not enough to make out whoever it was that was talking to him.

Kaizu's cage wasn't particularly large, big enough for him to sit up against, but not much more than that. He couldn't lie down, and definitely couldn't stand up. The ground was an incredible distance so even if he was inclined to earthbend Kaizu didn't figure that would be possible. Many similar cages hung suspended around him, although only another one was occupied with a small man who was obviously drunk. Or dead.

"Hey man," Began Kaizu. "I apologized. How was I to know he was a visiting governor...and that he didn't like being punched in the face."

The voice paused.

"It's unlike you to behave so irrationally." Came the voice. "Care to tell me your reasoning?"

Kaizu almost raised an eyebrow. Whoever was pulling the strings was quite cautious indeed.

"I was tired." He said. "Stealing scrolls is tough work. I'm afraid our little dragon arrangement is going to have to be put on hold for a while. But I did manage to find the location. It's in a secret cavern under lake Laogai. Apparently the Dai Li used to use it for interrogation. I hear it's quite awesome."

The voice remained silent.

"I'm going to need a few things of course." Said Kaizu. "Weapons, twin long swords and at least twenty throwing knives. Masks, I know you have that in spades. Some clothes appropriate for sneaking, also I need an earthbender. No one clever, just someone who can do what he's told. Also a damn good archer wouldn't go amiss. Do you think you can arrange that for me sweetie?"

The voice remained silent for a while. Kaizu wondered if it had disappeared.

"Consider it done," Said the voice finally. "Would you like for me to arrange your release?"

Kaizu was almost surprised. Their influence extended far indeed.

"No need," Said Kaizu. "The lake is outside of Ba Sing Se. If I get released someone might be suspicious, if I get thrown out I'm far less likely to be followed."

"As you wish." The voice replied as if it didn't matter what Kaizu thought.

Satisfied Kaizu sat back and practiced his breathing technique. He was of course lying. The egg was not under lake laogai. The dragon was located deep within the palace walls. It would be very difficult to break into. It would be less difficult however to be arrested and then dragged into the palace for his hearing. Then he figured he could take the egg and make it outside while causing as much of a ruckus as humanely possible. He almost smiled. Much later a guard came from the walls, creating a thick earth bridge as he did so. He unlocked Kaizu's cage and pulled him roughly out, clasping Kaizu's hands in chains as he did so.

"Time for your hearing," The man growled.

This time Kaizu did smile. Perfect

[exit]
Back to top Go down

Heist! But first a short interlude. (open)
Page 1 of 1