Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

The Tale of Baozi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Djbronz22
Unranked
Djbronz22

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-16

The Tale of Baozi  Empty
PostSubject: The Tale of Baozi    The Tale of Baozi  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:51 pm

"I'll always be proud of you, son...."

"We're sorry, ma'am, but your husband died in battle..."

"One day, you'll be an even greater man than your father...."

"YOU'RE A COWARD!!!!"

Baozi quickly sat up from his sleep, gasping for air. The gentle evening breeze kissed the cold sweat on his skin. He looked around himself entirely, taking in the view of the moonlit lands around him. Another weird dream, he thought. Seemed like it was happening more often ever since he left home. He looked up into the stars in deep thought as he reviewed everything that has led him to this moment..... His training behind his mother's back; her decision to marry a high-ranking Fire Nation civilian, who immediately tried to put a stop to Baozi's adventurous nature, calling him a coward, saying he wouldn't last a week alone in the wilderness of the Earth Kingdom.....

"I'll show him.... I'll prove I'm more of a man than even my father was! More kind, more just, more powerful...."

That's when the smell of food in the air slowly drifted past his nostrils. Before he realized it, Baozi was already following the scent, anxious for an already prepared meal. As he cleared his way through the underbrush, he saw the ever-growing light of a campfire. His spirits began to improve dramatically, to the point that he began to run straight toward it like a man possessed, not noticing the large tree root snaking across his path just as he bounded into the clearing.

As he tripped and fell, a gleaming blur of an object whizzed by the side of his head, surprising him as he hit the ground with a forceful thud. Before Baozi could regain his bearings, a small, wiry figure was upon him, holding a sharp blade to his throat. He tried to see the campfire owner's face, but the mysterious person was kneeled with their back to the fire, keeping their face hidden under a dark shroud.

"Who are you, trespasser? Name your business!" said the figure, oddly sounding
feminine.

"I am Baozi, the son of greatness, the beacon of virtue, and the monolith of justice. I have come here to ask for some of your food, if you don't mind...."

The shadowed character sat back and lightly chuckled to itself, "Yeah, you're a real goody two-shoes. Seems I have nothing to fear after all." It removes its shroud to reveal a young woman, very pretty, though rather dirty in appearance.

"My name's Nevi. Sorry about the attack, but you can never be too careful. Now come on, let's eat. I've got some fresh platypus-bear cooking on the flame."
Back to top Go down

The Tale of Baozi
Page 1 of 1