Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

In Absence of a King

Go down 
+10
Dawn
Etai
Dachou
Kuabara
Zira
pinecone
Phin Feng
Kiara_Tunada
Naxx-Ja
Mattias
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

Number of posts : 1908
Registration date : 2008-09-25

In Absence of a King Empty
PostSubject: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:24 pm

The great city of Omashu. Home of the great King Bumi, who survived over a hundred years of war. One of the greatest minds in the world, and unmatched in strength on the battleground.

Mattias stood up from his crouch as he overlooked the great city from one of the many surrounding mountains. In the distance, the sun started to dissapear behind the landscape. For so many years the city has servered as a beacon of hope to him, that a city could survive the war, and still remain intact. Not just physically, but spiritually. The people of Omashu were a whole people. Then why on earth do I want to turn the other way?

This was the question that he had been asking himself for the past hour. He had arrived outside of Omashu after several days of fast pace travelling. He was tired, but still had a decent amount of energy left in him. The first thing he had done was approach the gate. This was his first clue that something was wrong...

... the sun beat down upon Mattias as he stared down the gatekeeper. Both men wore frowns, and sweat was rolling down the sides of their faces. They were in the midst of a heat wave.

The keeper was the traditional earthbender. Rediculously strong, and as blunt as the rocks he threw. Therefore he wasted no time getting on Mattias' bad side.

"I say again gate keeper, I wish to pass into the mighty city of Omashu!" Mattias was exhasperated, he had been trying to convince the man to let him pass for the past hour and a half. Oddly enough the guard had not recognized the seal of the King. He had spent the next hour trying to explain what brought him to Omashu, then the next half hour trying to prove it.

"Oh I know, the great un-named swordsmaker has travelled all of the way from Ba Sing Se to meet with our King, and to give him the sword that he personally requested from you." The mocking tone in the man's voice was unmistakable.

Mattias almost blasted him into the side of the wall then and there, but he didn't need to get arrested just to enter the city. In all probability he would be excecuted on the spot.

"My craft speaks for itself as I have been saying. If you still need proof look upon my sword!" Mattias yet again handed his sword out to the man.

"Pretty symbols and a nice shape does not a sword make." The man roared in laughter at his own rhyme.

Mattias lost it then and there. He flipped the sword into the air and caught it in his right hand. Pointing it straight at the guard.
"Will you or will you not let me pass?"

"In the name of the King, no outsiderer shall be permitted admittance unless the King or his police directly permit it."

It was at the mention of 'police' that shut Mattias up. In a flash he sheathed his sword and glanced into the courner of his eye. Looking... looking... There. Hidden by a large rock formation, a lone man watched the gate. He wore a strange uniform, a faction that Mattias was not aware of. He frowned, something was not right. In a large dramatic flair, he jabbed his finger at the guards chest, "You better be glad that I am tired from the journy or I would throw you off this bridge myself!"

Then without another word he stalked away...

...The sun had almost completly set now. He had seen no more signs of the police watching him. Apparently they weren't interested in him yet. Their mistake.

As the last bits of sunlight dissapeared, Mattias moved into action. Although the sun gave up his advantage, it made the streets of the city empty, and maybe he would be able to see these police.

He quietly slipped down from the rock he was on, then jogged quickly down a path that led to the front of the bridge. A few minutes later he arrived. Instead of walking across he took a sharp right and followed a near invisible path down the side of the mountain. Here was the secret route inside and outside the city. Few knew of it, fewer still would be willing to take it...

cautiously Mattias gripped the metal cover over a well hidden pipe, just large enough for him to walk through. With a great yank, the cover fell free. The mess inside was then revealed, and the stench came out like a wave. A lump formed in the back of his throught, and his eyes began to water. Glancing over his should be placed on hand forward. With a smile, he created a small controlled flame in the palm of his hand. The fire was almost irrelevent, it was the heat that he needed. With a great breath he increased the flame until it was a quiet, but hot flame. He walked forward slowly and the "water" it touched was instantly vaporized. He smiled grimly. He would need a knew tunic. Covering his mouth with a cloth, he procided up the pipe. The reak of the "water" increased without limit, especially since he was cooking everything inside of it.

After a painstakenly slow half an hour, he finally reached the cover to a manhole. He closed his eyes and tried to remember his geography. To be perfectly honest he had never taken this route before, and never again wanted to. Screw it, I can't take much more of this. He reached up and pushed the cover off. A great burst of steam hissed out, but other than that no more noise came. He slowly climbed out, then replaced the cover. He needed to find a place to stay and fast.

------

After a quick scan he had located an Inn with a decent reputation. When he entered, the innkeeper took one look at him, and nearly puked.

"I would say what are you doing after curfew, but I don't think I would want to know."

Mattias frowned at the mention of curfew, but he didn't question the man. "I need a room for about a week, some food..." he looked down at his cloak, "and a new cloak."

He tossed a handsome amount of money onto the innkeeper's counter.

The man looked outside briefly, then replied, "I'll see what I can do."

Mattias watched him go into the back... he looked forward to getting a bath.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg.forumotion.com
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Naxx-Ja walked down a winding grit road, four of his men close behind. All of them wore desert camouflage. He looked around at the tall and sharp mountains that covered the horizon. They seemed to poke holes in the night sky, dividing the clouds that passed. Naxx looked down to the path, twisting and swerving like a worm in the grass. Off in the distance, lay Omashu. In that city, Ja's prize lay. He knew that Mattias had beat him here, Naxx had been busy organizing his entry. Omashu was airtight, the earthbenders who 'provided' the information claimed.

A firebender scout wearing a bandana with a burning rose(Naxx's gang symbol) ran up to Naxx, saluting and bowing.

"Sir, my scouting band spotted Mattias attempting to enter the city, but after a while lost track. We did discover he did enter the city. One of us found a sewage pipe large enough to fit a grown man with traces of firebending all over it. He disappeared around that location, so it's our best bet." The scout reported.

"Good. I trust your information does not fail me." Naxx gruffly replied with disdain.

The band of men walked further until they reached the giant bridge leading from one mountain to Omashu. Naxx-Ja knelt at a ledge next to the bridge, looking across. He then leaped onto the side of the bridge, climbing across the side, unseen in his desert camouflage. The four others followed, struggling to keep up. Ja bounded all the way to the mountain which the city sat upon. They climbed to the sewage pipe Mattias had entered.

"Curses, this wall is smoother than I thought." Naxx muttered realizing even he couldn't scale the wall before him.

But, being a clever one, Naxx took the body heat of two unfortunate guards, and concentrated it into a ball. Firmly, he placed the heat in several places, melting rough holes to climb up. Tossing the ball of heat aside, Naxx and his companions entered Omashu.

"Where to, boss?" One of the men asked, arms crossed.

"We find him." Naxx-Ja chuckled psychotically.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:27 pm

The wind outside his room blew against the open window of his room. The summer days were long gone, the nights were getting ever colder. He watched over the streets of the city, looking for any clue to what was going on. The innkeeper had refused to talk about it, and threatened to send him out in the streets. Something is going on that has everybody afraid. A noise came from behind him. A shadow shifted underneath the door, then passed. To all passing, his room was just another room with a sleeping man in it. Mattias turned back towards the window and rested his chin on the tips of his thumbs, his fingers coming up in front of his nose, and he continued watching.

----

Minutes turned into hours as the night continued. His body refused to let him sleep, something at the back of his mind was keeping him awake. He was missing something, something so obvious that his subconsciousness knew it was there, but he couldn't figure it out. Then it happened. It was so quick he almost missed it. A boy had left his house from a back door into a rather secluded alleyway. He had glanced both ways then quickly sprinted towards another house. Another man stepped out of the shadows, and the boy froze. In a sprint of pure terror he ran in the opposite direction. Two bits of shadows flew across the distance between the man and the boy, and the boy fell to the ground, his feet pinned, and that's when he saw it. He shot to his feet, the chair behind him falling rather loudly. His hand flew to his sword as he recognized the tactics, he had seen them used once before and to this day the men who used them still haunted him.

He moved fast. He closed the window to his room and then locked it, then braced the door with a chair. He knew his actions were futile, if they wanted to enter, a wood door wouldn't stop them... He quickly placed some pillows under the covers to make it look like a man was sleeping, then pulled up a chair next to the door. He sat down and lay his head back. It was going to be a long night.
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Naxx-Ja walked down a winding grit road, four of his men close behind. All of them wore desert camouflage. He looked around at the tall and sharp mountains that covered the horizon. They seemed to poke holes in the night sky, dividing the clouds that passed. Naxx looked down to the path, twisting and swerving like a worm in the grass. Off in the distance, lay Omashu. In that city, Ja's prize lay. He knew that Mattias had beat him here, Naxx had been busy organizing his entry. Omashu was airtight, the earthbenders who 'provided' the information claimed.

A firebender scout wearing a bandana with a burning rose(Naxx's gang symbol) ran up to Naxx, saluting and bowing.
Naxx silently wandered the streets of Omashu, his men still close behind. The group had to take out several earthbenders and hang the bodies from doorways as signs. A boy younger than Naxx passed close by in a hurry, as if running from someone. Ja eventually reached a tavern of some sort, where the barkeeper was barely awake.

It was easy to walk right up to him without being noticed. Once close enough to the man, Naxx vigorously grabbed his throat. He also pulled out a blade, and jabbed the man through the wrist.

"You'd better start talking, or I'll have to carve you new face." Naxx-Ja threatend, his bloody knife at the bar keep's forehead.

"A-about what?! I-I don't think you h-have the right p-person!" The man whimpered lowly, in shock and fear.

"A firebender. Yay tall." Naxx informed, whilst one of his thugs placed his hand around Mattias's height.

The man sat there with a blank expression, although fear shot from his eyes like a beacon. Naxx rolled his eyes and mumbled "Possibly covered in urine."

"Oh! Yes, I-I saw a man covered like that, he w-walked passed my inn like nothing. I need a b-bigger sign, you see--" The man was cut off, being thrown to the ground.

"Thank you. Where was he headed, north, or south?" Naxx crossed his arms and glared.

"North... Please don't kill me..." The proprietor whispered and huddled into a corner, clenching his bleeding arm.

"Not yet, I won't. And if one person tells the authorities more than we want them too, then everyone we've contacted-- that includes you-- is going down." Naxx threatened and spat at the bar keep.

The five men left through the back door, and began to scour the city. They had decided to split up, heading in different directions. Searching every inn, mugging every passerby(mostly guards, and the occasional Dai Lee that only Naxx could take on), hiding in every alley, until Naxx, hiding in the shadows found Mattias looking out an hotel window.

"Die..." Naxx un-sheathed his blade and signaled the assassin nearby to help. Just as he thought he was invisible, Naxx realized his blade had reflected some light from a torch into mattias' eyes.

"Crap."
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Mattias' eyes snapped completely open from their half closed position. In a single bound, he crossed the room, then leapt out the window, drawing his sword in midair. He landed, his (brand new) cloak spreading out, give him the appearance almost of a bat. The pale silver of the blade reflected the moonlight, giving him an eerie look. His hood remained over his head, covering the majority of his face. He set his eyes directly on the man with the drawn sword.

Then he realized the man wasn't in any form of uniform. An odd turn of events. No matter.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a shadow move. With a start he realized that the man wasn't alone. Not for the first time, he wished he had a bending power other than fire... it attracted too much attention.

He flipped his sword in his hand, then bent his knees. He said nothing, but waited.
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:25 am

Naxx-Ja looked up at Mattias, who now took a more menacing appearance. Naxx knew that Mattias was a much better fighter than himself, and that he'd lost the element of surprise. Ja took up what he was best at, deception.

"Heh, you're a clever one, Mattias." Naxx tossed his blade around, keeping his voice deep, attempting to ensure Mattias was not aware of his age. "I do admit you're a hard one to catch. No matter, there's always room for time." Naxx secretly made a hand symbol to the other assassin to go get the others.

"Surely there's someway I can kill you without causing excessive amounts of pain." He taunted, dashing up the side of a building with scary speed, leading to a roof opposite to the one Mattias stood upon. "I have been tracking you for quite some time, and alot people want you dead... It's surprising."

As he climbed the wall of the building, Naxx placed explosives, they would serve as a distraction. A very impressive one, attracting more that just Mattias' attention. Naxx's own hood shaded his face, only the chin visible in the moonlight. Unlike Mattias, Naxx had no cloak, just a vest, and no sleeves, displaying his skinny frame vibrantly. A whip in one hand, a saber in the other. "Prepare, my friend, prepare..."

Naxx-Ja's whip flung through the air like lightning, intended for Mattias's leg. "Were you prepared?"
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Mattias could see that the man was surprised. Apparently he didn't expect any sort of resistance. The man spoke in a slightly forced deep voice,

"Heh, you're a clever one, Mattias."

Mattias froze for a heartbeat. They knew his name. The implications of what the meant were almost too hard to grasp... A decent amount of people have met him, however few people know him by name... in fact the only ones are the Order.. and the avatar. A mole in the order, it was almost inconceivable.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the second man slip away, Mattias was running out of time. Without a doubt the man was going to get reinforcements.

The man made the first move. He dashed up the opposite building, bringing him to the level of Mattias.

Mattias breathed in... it was almost time... He flexed his hand on his sword...

He heard it coming before he saw it, a great blur of movement that snapped through the air. Reacting on instinct, he pivoted to the side. The ground next to him kicked up a cloud of dirt, and the blur solidified for an instant before being pulled back. A whip... that's different.

The man had made the first move, but now was not the time to retaliate.
Back to top Go down
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

Number of posts : 1358
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Night had fallen onto the city of Omashu as the young avatar had finally arrived. For the past couple of days her mind continued to drift toward the group she had left behind in Ba sing Se, feeling truely bad about her actions Kiara couldn't help but feel at fault for that arguement that broke out. Hopefully they would come to Omashu so she would be able to talk to them all individually about what was best...she wanted them to join her..they seemed more than capable. But at the moment Naraca and the other women did not seem mature to push past small problems.

At all costs Kiara avoided going to the entrance gate to Omashu and instead decided to face the tall wall head on. She opened her container and compressed the water before swishing it back and forth cutting the rock deep with each slice. Half an hour passed by before the square cut out fell with a push of her foot.

The girl stepped inside the city and instantly felt an uneasy atmosphere, almost no one was outside and everything seemed still. However, nothing else bothered her as she continued to walk and look for a inn to stay for a few days. After finding one Kiara paid the man and quickly went into her room and locked the door. Tossing her bag on the table beside the bed Kiara sat on the chair infront of the window and just stared out the window. Things weren't going too well so far. But this was the place Kiara had decided to make a name for herself, to let the world and not just her enemies know the avatar returned.

Something caught her eye in the distance though, a fast like movement, two figures were standing there. Kiara though kept her legs from moving to find out what is was. That always seemed to be her downfall..being curious. One was skinny while the othe figure had a cloak..did the whole world have cloak? Or was it just everyone she ran into had one?

A heavy feeling settled in her stomach she felt like someone she knew was here...
Back to top Go down
Phin Feng
Rank H
Phin Feng

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:57 pm

((OOC: Note: Omashu is on a mountain. So cutting into the wall would be pretty hard without being seen, just saying.))
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Naxx-Ja smiled when Mattias did not retaliate. He launched his whip through the air again, this time aiming for the face.

"You'll make this too easy. Oh well, the client will pay me generously when your head is served on a platter!" Naxx threatened, jumping to the roof Mattias stood upon. "I know you can fight. It took several beatings to get some information on your technique."

Naxx then made a hasty slash of his blade for Mattias' lower torso, the swing headed up. "Fight, curse you!"

In the meantime, the one assassin collected the others. He had found two, but the last thug was yet to be found. The missing one had actually spotted Kiara, and thought she might have seen the already found target. The assassin didn't know Mattias had been found yet, so he wen't around looking still. Kiara looked helpless in the thug's eyes, unknowing of her avatarship.

He made a hasty punch for the back of the head, hoping to stun her. He did not know these actions would most likely be his last.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Mattias saw the hand twitch this time, as the whip sliced through the air. This time he just leaned to the side, twisting his body out of the way of the whip. In snapped harmlessly where his upper body had been. The man yelled something, but Mattias put it out of his mind.

Then Naxx made his first major mistake. He got within range of his sword. Time almost seemed to slow down for Mattias, he saw the blade coming up towards him. With a twist of his wrist, he brought his blade to the side, casually knocking away Naxx's attack. Instead of returning with his sword, he used the contact his blade already had with Naxx's sword to attempt to knock Naxx of balance, then he stepped forward and kicked his foot directly at Naxx's chest, using a similar style to the earthbenders.
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Realizing Mattias would prevail in any close combat as he flew backwards, Naxx did a flip and regained posture on the far edge of the roof. His hood had fallen back, revealing his age. In the darkness, Naxx saw a thumbs up from one of his assassins. This meant they were in a good position. Naxx flicked his whip, and lit it ablaze. The light of the blazing flames brightend the surrounding area.

Naxx thrusted the whip at Mattias, lashing it back and forth. These attacks were not meant to harm, but stagger. The thugs reached the rooftops as well, and prepared their own weapons. Two had longswords, the third had a bow. Shooting fire at Mattias, the first two assassins leapt forward, intent on cutting their target to ribbons.
Back to top Go down
Phin Feng
Rank H
Phin Feng

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Nothing in city went unseen within in Phin Feng's city. Nothing. Word of a fight spread threw the secret plice's network like wildfire. Two guards were hastily walking up the palace steps where they stopped and spoke to 3 guards standing outside of the palace. One guard nodded heading off into the palace threw many hallways until he reached a dead end. He did a few strong earth bending gestures with a stomp the wall slid into the ground. The guard walked in to see Phin sitting in a chair reading a strange book. Guard bowed to Phin then spoke "Sire, two men have been seen fighting within the walls of a city." Phin acted as if he didn't hear the man before looking up at him and rolling his eyes slightly "Why has my city suddenly become a haven for all sorts? very well...Detain them send word when they are in prison." The Guard nodded and left the room stomping behind him to raise the wall back up. Word again sent out into secret police network. These men were now wanted...
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Mattias watched as the flames raced along the edges of the whip. A firebender? He's a long way from home. If they hadn't been noticed already, then they were going to be now. He watched as the whip started swinging back and forth. Heat roared off of them. Slowly Mattias began to give ground.

Then he saw the man's eyes dart behind him. He felt the attack just as realized he had stopped paying attention to behind him. He twisted his body, building moment, then left off his right foot, bringing his left into the air. For a split second his head was lower than his feet before his momentum righted his body, and he landed on his opposite foot. The blast of fire impacted just below him as he had jumped.

Then he saw the two men with swords. Apparently they still had much to learn about him. He flicked his sword quickly through the air, catching one of the men's sword, then directing it into the others. This way he parried both of their attacks. With his left hand he reached out and grabbed the first swordsman's sword wrist. He spun his body around, and brought his right foot squarely into the man's gut. While he spun he disengaged and brought his sword around and started a series of slashes aimed at overwhelming the second swordman's defense.

[Have you ever noticed how ridiculously hard it is to describe kung fu moves with words?]
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:36 pm

[tell me about it]

Naxx seized the opportunity of Mattias' distraction to throw two fist-sized packs of explosives at him. He scowled as Mattias simply tossed aside some of Naxx's best. The archer fired flaming arrows with deadly accuracy. When Naxx's explosives were in mid-air, the bowman hit one, causing it to go off. Hopefully it would at least stun Mattias.

As the third assassin did this, Naxx continued to lash his whip, smiling at the explosions. This would also attract the attention of the authorities, bringing more fun. Naxx also found himself standing in the same spot, with Mattias under the archer and explosion's supressing effects, so he began to ready a shot of lightning.
Back to top Go down
Phin Feng
Rank H
Phin Feng

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm

A elite group of 5 guards moved swiftly from roof top to roof unseen in the shadows. The moved in a orderly v shape until they landed atop a roof where they could Mattias and Naxx-ja dueling. The head agent made gesture with two fingers ordering them to take position and move out. Two agents the left jumped to the side of the building sliding down the wall into a dank alleyway. one of the agents in the alleyway then dug his rock gloves into the wall climbing it up to the roof. He made his way to the other side and then jumped high into the air just up into the dark sky where he did a tuck in roll landing the roof top. He slid down the wall of that building now across in another alleyway from the agent he left. The agents that were to the rigth of the head agent did the same.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Mattias saw the objects fly through the air, then it exploded. Who in God's name carries explosives? He rolled with the explosion, but his ears were ringing. He tucked and rolled out of the way as a some arrows flew towards him. The last swordsman came at him, with a swing that would decapitate him. He brought his sword up and smashed it into the incoming sword. As the man was dazed, Mattias grabbed the front of his face and threw him into a nearby wall.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the man making motions with his hands. Energy sparked around him. For the first time Mattias let a flicker of concern flash across his face. He calmed himself, today was not his day to die. Glancing around he spotted the fallen sword of the man he had just disabled. With his foot he kicked the sword into the air, which he caught with his right hand. Then with a quick motion, he threw the sword directly at Naxx.

Not waiting to see the result, Mattias then ran and jumped onto the ledge that the archer had set up on.
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:20 am

Naxx managed to let the lightnig off, but the thrown sword cut a one inch gash into his upper left arm. A blood spat was on the wall behind Naxx, and blood also began to drip down his arm. He could no longer use his sword, only the whip for his pain was to great. He sheathed his sword and bolted after Mattias, whom Naxx was not sure was hit. Still capable of using the whip, Naxx utilized it latch on to a steet lamp to swing to the archer's position first.

The archer continued to fire off shots, not even flinching to the fact Mattias was coming for him. As for the swordmen, one knelt on the ground winded, the second unconcious with a cracked skull and bleeding nose from when Mattias shoved the back of his head into the wall.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 am

Mattias ran forward, running across the ledge directly at the archer. Arrows flew by him, and the ones that came directly at him he knocked away with his sword. When he got into range, he stopped and moved his sword, channeling all of the momentum from his sprint into the swing. In a blinding fast movement, the sword sliced cleanly through the bow, reducing it to two sticks. Then Mattias jumped straight up and kicked, delivering a crushing blow to the archer's ribs.

Mattias then faced the last man standing, the original man. A nasty cut ran across his sword arm, and the arm itself was limp. Good to know my aim is still good.
Back to top Go down
Phin Feng
Rank H
Phin Feng

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:26 pm

"Halt!!!" yelled the guard atop the roof. He jumped down to the street where the men were fighting. His face was covered by his large circle hat with a point on the top. His hands were clenched together hiding them within his robes. He stood their like a statue for 3 seconds or so. Then like lightning he drew his arm and sanppe his fingers. The guards came from each alleyway revealing themselves blocking off either end of the street. They stood their motionless their faces also covered as well as their hands.
Back to top Go down
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

Number of posts : 1358
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Quote :
In the meantime, the one assassin collected the others. He had found two, but the last thug was yet to be found. The missing one had actually spotted Kiara, and thought she might have seen the already found target. The assassin didn't know Mattias had been found yet, so he wen't around looking still. Kiara looked helpless in the thug's eyes, unknowing of her avatarship.

He made a hasty punch for the back of the head, hoping to stun her. He did not know these actions would most likely be his last.

Kiara felt as if a presence was behind her but the avatar decided to play it off like it was cool. There was no doubt in her mind now that someone was behind her. Whoever it was she definitely did not have the time to sit there and do nothing. Being helpless was something she hated and her frustration on what happened in the earth capital was about to be taken out on this poor unsuspecting fool.

The girl squated hastily to dodge his punch and using the squatting to her advantage jumped up into the air, spun, and landed her heel right in the thugs left cheek with the hardest force she could muster. Without giving him any time to see her next move Kiara did a hand stand as her legs wrapped around his neck and pulled him up off his feet into the air and slammed his back into the ground. Kiara did a back flip and stood there waiting for him to get up. But she was sure she knocked him unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Naxx sat there, opposite to Mattias on the ledge. He wanted to tear him apart in vengance for his men. Then the earthbenders crashed the party. Ignoring them, Naxx felt the pain in his arm swell as he glared into Mattias' eyes. He now tried to take the heat from Mattias' body, compact it, and use it as a weapon against the earthbenders. Naxx took a defensive stance and focused his mind on Mattias, attempting to draw the heat from his body into a compact ball.

Meanwhile, on the outside of the city, across the bridge to Omashu, a small part of Naxx's forces gathered. The explosions were seen and deftly heard from where they stood. They were told earlier to rush the city gates if it came to using explosives. They now stood on the road leading to the bridge with a rather odd construct. They had a barrel filled with burning oils, stuck on wheels, and a smaller metal box filled with more combustive fuel on the bottom. The combustive fuel would launch it forward, as it funneled the energy created backwards. Once it struck it's target, the oil would spill everywhere, burning everything in range. Pushing it to the far end of the bridge, one firebender shot flame into the construct, and it hurled forward towards Omashu's guards at the gate.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Mattias glanced up as the earthbenders dropped in. He had run out of time... however he had a few tricks up his sleeve, in part thanks to the man who had laid explosives...

Then a strange sensation came around him, the heat from the air around his body started to decrease, frost started to coat the inside of his cloak. He locked eyes with the man, who was the apparent source of this violation. With a quick breath technique he calmed his body and reduced his heart rate. In essence he didn't produce more heat to be taken. Then he set his trap, and his escape.

He looked dead at the man attacking him, then gave a slight twitch of his head. Simultaneously the explosives that Naxx had placed earlier went off, releasing a brilliant sphere of fire and heat. Smoke settled in, preventing anyone from seeing anything. In the flash of blindness that insued, he pulled off his cloak and let it be burned by the fire, but bent the rest of it around him, protecting himself. Then he slipped away, leaving the earthbenders and the man to decide what would happen next.

All that remained was a badly burned cloak. To the unobservant eye, the explosion would have seemed to kill him.

[exit]

Last edited by Mattias on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naxx-Ja
Rank F
Naxx-Ja

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:43 pm

And Naxx may have not been a keen eye, but when Mattias' heat signature just vanished, Naxx knew he lived. Seeing the earthbenders encroach on him, Naxx dropped to his knees and surrendered. He was aware he could not win this fight. The explosions were a beautiful example of what death and suffering could do. Smiling with insanity, Naxxexamined the blood that now drenched his arm. Naxx began to finger-paint with his own blood on the sidewalk. The words: 'He Lives' stood out in red against the brown ground.
Back to top Go down
Phin Feng
Rank H
Phin Feng

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:28 pm

OOC: All HELL HAS BREAKIN' LOOSE))

The guards quickly surrounded Naxx-Ja and spoke to him saying "You are under arrest for crimes against the Royal Kingdom of Omashu. The guards made gestures together creating a earthen body cage around Naxx-ja(kinda like what Bumi had but instead of metal its rock). They then levitated the cage with Naxx-ja in above the ground making their way to the Kingdom Jail.

The guards at the bridge being attacked suddenly shouted "Attack! 'Phoenix Kick with the wind' Alert the King! We are under attack!" Phoenix Kick With the Wind obvisously a code phrase. A guard suddenly took off through the city shouting about. The guards prepared the flying object and worked together making strong gestures. Suddenly together a giant wall like structure rose above the city enterance possibly 8 meters thick. And high oh so very high. Two guards standing close together created a large stone slab that they sent hurling towards the bridge. It would fall gathering velocity until ir crashed through the bridge. The bridge had been desinged to crumble completely if it became penatrated. The bridge did just that it began to crumble away until a very large gap was created. The Guards then began to send pelts of rocks down at the attackers.

Away up in the palace Phin had just recieved word and was getting very frustrated with his city suddenly becoming a place of hey all you troublemakers come to Omashu. He just continue to sit giving only a few orders. All citizens are to return to their homes and lock their doors. Anyone seen outside will be taken prisoner or even killed if neccessary. If you house starts on fire go to your neighbors house but hold your hands up as if surrdenering when going. All Guards are on high alert. Arrest anyone on the streets. IF they become to much of problem kill them. All outer rim guards defend against intruders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Absence of a King
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next