Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

In Absence of a King

Go down 
+10
Dawn
Etai
Dachou
Kuabara
Zira
pinecone
Phin Feng
Kiara_Tunada
Naxx-Ja
Mattias
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

Number of posts : 1908
Registration date : 2008-09-25

In Absence of a King - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The great city of Omashu. Home of the great King Bumi, who survived over a hundred years of war. One of the greatest minds in the world, and unmatched in strength on the battleground.

Mattias stood up from his crouch as he overlooked the great city from one of the many surrounding mountains. In the distance, the sun started to dissapear behind the landscape. For so many years the city has servered as a beacon of hope to him, that a city could survive the war, and still remain intact. Not just physically, but spiritually. The people of Omashu were a whole people. Then why on earth do I want to turn the other way?

This was the question that he had been asking himself for the past hour. He had arrived outside of Omashu after several days of fast pace travelling. He was tired, but still had a decent amount of energy left in him. The first thing he had done was approach the gate. This was his first clue that something was wrong...

... the sun beat down upon Mattias as he stared down the gatekeeper. Both men wore frowns, and sweat was rolling down the sides of their faces. They were in the midst of a heat wave.

The keeper was the traditional earthbender. Rediculously strong, and as blunt as the rocks he threw. Therefore he wasted no time getting on Mattias' bad side.

"I say again gate keeper, I wish to pass into the mighty city of Omashu!" Mattias was exhasperated, he had been trying to convince the man to let him pass for the past hour and a half. Oddly enough the guard had not recognized the seal of the King. He had spent the next hour trying to explain what brought him to Omashu, then the next half hour trying to prove it.

"Oh I know, the great un-named swordsmaker has travelled all of the way from Ba Sing Se to meet with our King, and to give him the sword that he personally requested from you." The mocking tone in the man's voice was unmistakable.

Mattias almost blasted him into the side of the wall then and there, but he didn't need to get arrested just to enter the city. In all probability he would be excecuted on the spot.

"My craft speaks for itself as I have been saying. If you still need proof look upon my sword!" Mattias yet again handed his sword out to the man.

"Pretty symbols and a nice shape does not a sword make." The man roared in laughter at his own rhyme.

Mattias lost it then and there. He flipped the sword into the air and caught it in his right hand. Pointing it straight at the guard.
"Will you or will you not let me pass?"

"In the name of the King, no outsiderer shall be permitted admittance unless the King or his police directly permit it."

It was at the mention of 'police' that shut Mattias up. In a flash he sheathed his sword and glanced into the courner of his eye. Looking... looking... There. Hidden by a large rock formation, a lone man watched the gate. He wore a strange uniform, a faction that Mattias was not aware of. He frowned, something was not right. In a large dramatic flair, he jabbed his finger at the guards chest, "You better be glad that I am tired from the journy or I would throw you off this bridge myself!"

Then without another word he stalked away...

...The sun had almost completly set now. He had seen no more signs of the police watching him. Apparently they weren't interested in him yet. Their mistake.

As the last bits of sunlight dissapeared, Mattias moved into action. Although the sun gave up his advantage, it made the streets of the city empty, and maybe he would be able to see these police.

He quietly slipped down from the rock he was on, then jogged quickly down a path that led to the front of the bridge. A few minutes later he arrived. Instead of walking across he took a sharp right and followed a near invisible path down the side of the mountain. Here was the secret route inside and outside the city. Few knew of it, fewer still would be willing to take it...

cautiously Mattias gripped the metal cover over a well hidden pipe, just large enough for him to walk through. With a great yank, the cover fell free. The mess inside was then revealed, and the stench came out like a wave. A lump formed in the back of his throught, and his eyes began to water. Glancing over his should be placed on hand forward. With a smile, he created a small controlled flame in the palm of his hand. The fire was almost irrelevent, it was the heat that he needed. With a great breath he increased the flame until it was a quiet, but hot flame. He walked forward slowly and the "water" it touched was instantly vaporized. He smiled grimly. He would need a knew tunic. Covering his mouth with a cloth, he procided up the pipe. The reak of the "water" increased without limit, especially since he was cooking everything inside of it.

After a painstakenly slow half an hour, he finally reached the cover to a manhole. He closed his eyes and tried to remember his geography. To be perfectly honest he had never taken this route before, and never again wanted to. Screw it, I can't take much more of this. He reached up and pushed the cover off. A great burst of steam hissed out, but other than that no more noise came. He slowly climbed out, then replaced the cover. He needed to find a place to stay and fast.

------

After a quick scan he had located an Inn with a decent reputation. When he entered, the innkeeper took one look at him, and nearly puked.

"I would say what are you doing after curfew, but I don't think I would want to know."

Mattias frowned at the mention of curfew, but he didn't question the man. "I need a room for about a week, some food..." he looked down at his cloak, "and a new cloak."

He tossed a handsome amount of money onto the innkeeper's counter.

The man looked outside briefly, then replied, "I'll see what I can do."

Mattias watched him go into the back... he looked forward to getting a bath.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Dachou
Rank G

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 pm

"Did we have a plan in the first place?"

Dachou looked at Terra for a moment, confused. Then, he switched back to the offensive and shot at the Dai Lee Agent, a smirk on his face. He was going extremely fast, and jumped up, his arm immersed in blue flames that licked his arm, turning from blue to red to orange and back to blue. He then thrust his arm forward, shooting a twirling column straight at the Agent, his grin frightening in the light of the fire. Hs dropped to the ground, and cursed as the Dai Lee jumped from the shot, a wall of earth having protected him.

"You get the Soldiers, I don't want to be called an even worse criminal and fight my own people, but I'll help you shortly."
Back to top Go down
http://digimonrpgforum.forumotion.com
Dawn
Rank A
Dawn

Number of posts : 2233
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Dawn did another check then nods. "Yes, you may go. Your completely healed it seems." She says
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonhearts.pokemonlegend.org/forum.htm
pinecone
Rank H
pinecone

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am

Sven did a cheer.

"so, now can you let me go?"

TRANSITION TO MR DUCK

He got scared of all e people and slammed into a couple of people, including terra
Back to top Go down
Terra
Rank C
Terra

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

"You are allying with the Avatar...I can't think of anything thats worse in their eyes Dachou."

Terra smiled sarcastically before he gave her the simple instructions, taking out these soldiers was going to be tedious but easy on her behalf. As long as Dachou or the big Bison didn't get in the way.

Then Terra saw it coming and quickly blocked her face, as the Bison slammed into some soldiers she was in the crossway. Her body hit a nearby wall and when he moved Terra had fallen to her knees and shook her head after hearing a constant ringing noise.

"Okay, now I just have to stay a couple of feet away from him.." That was when she struggled but manage to stand up and then push back so the men could follow her from the safe distance away from the trampling flying bison. The sooner she took out the soliders the better.
Back to top Go down
Dachou
Rank G
Dachou

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Dachou nodded, and jumped up, shooting blue fireballs in the general area of the Dai Lee Agent. Smoke and dust both rose, and for a moment, Dachou thought it had gotten the Man. He was wrong. The Earthbender shot a giant Stone pillar from the ground, and Dachous eyes widened at the sight. The pillar rose, than shot at Dachou. He cursed loudly as the pillar slammed into him. Dachous arms were on fire, pressing against the stone as he flew back, some of the force converted into the flames and reduced a bit, but not much. His arms were probably severely damaged. He sat up, his head groggy. He looked at the Dai Lee agent was calmly walking towards him, rising Earth around them so it made a giant stone box around them.

"Finally, You will die by my hands, Fire Bender."

"Not on my watch, Cap'n."

With that, Dachou backed up into a corner of the box. He inhaled deeply, holding it for a few seconds, before he exhaled harshly, releasing and amazing force of Blue flames form his mouth and nostrils. Almost every inch of the box was filled with flames. He heard a scream, than stopped breathing once it stopped. At this time, the heat in the box was extreme. Panting, Dachou stared at the stone wall. He heard rumbling outside, and figured the Bison was attacking around. Maybe, just maybe...

Dachou took his fist, engulfing it in flames. He than pressed it against the stone. He felt the heat rising in the stone room, but the rocks slowly started to get red, and began melting. Dachou smelt something of barbecue. He sighed, and continued silently Finally, when the heat was almost unbearable, he felt his hand move into fresh air. He grinned, and pulled his hand out, gasping for the cool breeze. He began kicking at the hole, making it larger, until he was able to squeeze through, the rocks jabbing and cutting at his stomach and body. He cursed, and looked at Terra, his eyes calculating everything. Than, it hit him; The Fire Nation Soldiers wanted him.

"Terra! Let them be!"

Dachou screamed, stumbling towards them, He jumped in front of the Fire Nation Soldiers, stopping whatever attack they were going for. He stared at them.

"Take me, and leave the Earthbender."

He stared at them, his face solid, his eyes harsh, cold, yet strangely soft, like they had experienced something new.
Back to top Go down
http://digimonrpgforum.forumotion.com
Dawn
Rank A
Dawn

Number of posts : 2233
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Dawn does as Sven asks.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonhearts.pokemonlegend.org/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Absence of a King   In Absence of a King - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Absence of a King
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6