Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old war, a new generation. With the defeat of Avatar Aang, and of Ozai\'s airfleet, each nation is left vunerable. A new avatar has been born into the water tribes, and must restore balance to the world before it is engulfed in chaos.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
11/07/2013 : Update #2 had been released

The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom

Go down 
+7
Tan-ko
Cerelia
Christina
smullins
Nhala
Kiara_Tunada
Naraca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-05-30

The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Harbor in the Earth kingdom

((OOC: Not really too sure what's going in this story board but what better way to find out then by posting here and seeing what's going on. I noticed the Avatar going to the earth nation so I shall start there and meet her if she does not mind))

Warm air crept it's way into the large mans lungs. Sweat ran down the back of his neck. His massive sword dragged across the floor ever so slightly as he changed his stance. His body felt hot from being in such close proximity with the incoming balls of hot flames.

"Listen here Earth Bender!!" A fire nation soldier barked

"If you give up now we'll just imprison you. But if continue to resist then we will be forced too kill you" The fire nation soldier continued.

Five fire nation soldier stood in a line, there closed fists pointed towards the Earth bender. There polished armor was slightly damaged, cracks and chinks in the plates were clear to the eye.

The they focused there gaze at a man that stood at 7 feet in height. His body was complete tower of heavy, dense muscle. Each muscle in his body stuck out in powerful form combined with definition that made almost each muscle fiber visible. With almost no excess body fat and standing at seven feet in height this mans pumpkin sized shoulders were at least 3 feet apart.
This man had long, unkempt black hair followed by a red head band that kept his hair away from his face.
This man wore no shoes but he wore a coat and pants. His left arm was surrounded in silver armor while his right arm was holding a massive sword that was as big as this man was.

"My name is Naraca, not Earth Bender" He told the fire nations soldier in a calm yet harsh voice.

Naraca looked upon the fire nation soldiers, he admired there confidence considering that Naraca had already beaten so many of the soldiers that these five men were with.
15 other soldiers lay on the floor either unconscious or curled up in a ball in pain. To Naraca right was the ocean, he was currently standing by the harbor. Several civilians watched the battle take place.

The fire nation soldier's eyes narrowed and he took a wider stance. He took Naraca's reply as a way of saying that he was not going to submit to them.
"Men, it looks like the Earth bender is not going to comply" The fire nation soldier said with a smile.
The other soldiers took wider stances and focused on Naraca.

Naraca stayed where he was and he waited for the soldiers to attack, as he knew they would.

There was a pause, the soldiers stared at Naraca with nothing but intensity in there eyes. Whereas Naraca was much calmer, his stance was normal, as if he was talking with someone.
The fire nations soldiers charged towards Naraca, the thrusted there fists forward, spew fire balls from the knuckles.
Naraca took a step forward and his lifted his right hand up, the ground suddenly sprouted up a wall which took the brunt of the fire balls.
The fire nation soldiers spread out and ran towards Naraca, moving around the wall.

Naraca dashed towards one of the soldiers. The soldier responded by shooting a fireball towards Naraca.
Naraca jumped to the side, avoiding it. Then he took three steps towards the soldier and he slammed his fist in the soldiers gut.
The soldier eyes widened and his body lifted up high from the ground, so high that he lauched up into the air, then landed in the water.
A second soldier ran to Naraca side, about to attack.
Naraca quickly shot his right leg toward the soldiers face, his foot rammed into the soldiers face, the helmet he wore littertly exploded from the impact. The soldiers face was now broken in several places as he was sent flying backwards, he hit the floor in a ravine. Rolling all over the place the soldier stopped rolling shortly, he was knocked out cold.

The last three soldiers all formed a line and they rapidly fired sevreal fireballs at Naraca.
Naraca quickly thrusted his hand forward, the soldiers on the right and left of the middle soldier both came in contact with a piller made of earth which hit there stomachs and sent them flying.

The last soldier did not back down, he placed both his hands together and he fired a massive ball of flames. this ball was at least ten feet tall and wide.

Naraca smiled and he slammed his sword into the ground and he pointed his closed fists at the fireball.
From the ground behind him a much bigger Earth made pilled shot out from in front of him and his collided with the fire ball in a massive explosion.
The earth piller was destroyed and the fireball faded into smoke.

As the smoke cleared Naraca charged towards the soldier and jumped in the air only hit the soldiers face with a hard knee.
The soldier slammed on the ground out cold.
Naraca looked down at the soldier for a moment then he looked up at the horizen the lead towards the city.

In the distance, Naraca heard the charging footsteps of more fire nation soldiers.

Last edited by Naraca on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Naxx-Ja
Rank F

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Naxx-ja followed shortly behind, cradling a homemade explosive he had taken from his day pack. he placed it on wall behind the group, that one was for a distraction. Naxx pulsed lightning through his body to give himself a shot of adrenaline. Taking an alley, he passed much distance in front of them. He placed two explosives here, along the floor. Ja climbed ontop of the building next to where he put his bombs. Laying prone on the roof, he focused himself to fire a bolt into the first charge, and waited

Last edited by Mattias on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Character sheet not filled out)
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

Number of posts : 1908
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:34 pm

For the last time, you need your character sheet approved BEFORE you are allowed to post.
Back to top Go down
https://avatar-rpg.forumotion.com
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 pm

[OOC: Besides, it's my post.]

Nhala looked to Alanzo and back to Naraca, a puzzled look on her face. Dai Lee? Nhala shook the thought from her head, and proceeded to follow the group. She couldn't help but wonder about Naraca's past, now. Not only was he Dai Lee, but Alanzo knew it, and seemed to have some history with him. But so did Terra.

Listening to Terra as she approached the group, Nhala nodded in agreement. "Terra is correct. It looks like a military formation to protect the person in the middle. Back at home it has always drawn much attention. Those who are still out this late won't think us anything important if we walk out like normal people."
Back to top Go down
Tan-ko
Rank A
Tan-ko

Number of posts : 1735
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Tan-ko followed the group only for a bit, curious to see where naraca was taking all these people. And to talk to naraca pricately. He had noticed naracas reaction to him and it didnt sit well with the young proud king.
Back to top Go down
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:10 am

((OOC: Cerelia was after Nhala last I checked))
Back to top Go down
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:06 am

OOC: Sorry, but I have nothing to post. Due to everyone's perspective, the events are all jumbled. Just leaving, already walking outside, and already at the house... it's confusig. I'll post when there's something worth replying to.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm

[I'll wait for the next time around before posting... fyi]
Back to top Go down
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:41 am

((OOC: I hope you all like reading...))

With each step that was taken, Naraca refused too think about what was troubling him. He pushed it aside for now as he proceeded with leading the rest of the group back too his house. This was becoming quite the party, however, soon Naraca would have too determine who could stay and who couldn't. He began too contemplate what he would do. First off, he would need too find some way too get Nhala, Cerelia and the mystery man had too prove there usefulness. Cerelia didn't seem too have any powers, and Nhala was just someone that held the group back. He would need to confront them, figure out what kind of skills they could bring and strengthen the team as a whole.

Kiara, The Avatar, she was the whole reason why they were here so she obviously had too stay.
Nhala, all she has done so far is get wounded and become a burden, unless she had some ability's she wasn't able too use for some reason, her chances of staying were slim. Naraca suddenly remember the speech he gave her...That's right...She had now sworn herself like he did...However when push comes too shove, if she had nothing too contribute, she would have too leave. The only possible help she might provide, is moral support for Kiara. Being another girl from the Water tribe, Kiara would be able to identify with Nhala the most when in times of stress or emotional pain. However, moral support was something that technically, everyone in this ground could provide. Nhala would need a better reason to stay.
Cerelia, she seemed brave, being able too kill one of the many men that were in the crowds despite what could have happened too her. However, a girl with a pipe could do nothing against a trained Fire Bender. However, very little is known about her, maybe she had some secret ability's that nor he or the rest of the group was not aware of. In which case, Naraca would need to perform a sort of interview with her, too get what information he could from Cerelia, and determine what she could provide. Although she was small and looked weak, she was still a wild card. She could possess extraordinary ability's, or nothing at all.
Terra, A master Earth bender and extremely and well versed in martial arts and all forms of fighting. As well as the advanced teacher of Kiara's earth bending. Terra had too stay, it was absolutely necessary.
The Mysterious Man, nothing really needed too be said about him. Naraca didn't know a thing, however, the body language the man showed and from the way he appeared, he is indeed a skilled fighter. The main issue was trust, Kiara hugged him from what Naraca saw. So Kiara must have trusted this man, Naraca therefore, would be willing too trust him as well. In the end though, Naraca did not even know this mans name, and would have to be talked about his worth in this team.

Getting closer too the house, he heard several questions about the formation he set up. He understood, however, Kiara was a VIP and he was not going too take any chances.

"A formation like this will spark curiosity to others, however no one will approach people walking in formation." He explained too them while still looked around and walking forward, not turning his head or making eye contact with the group.

"Think of a parade, or a festival, would you walk in the middle of the main attraction and just move around like they weren't there?" Naraca asked although the question rhetorical.

He turned around and looked bac at the group for a moment before looked back ahead and saw his house just up ahead.

"We have a presence that will be watched, but not interrupted. Besides, I would much rather sacrifice keeping a low profile rather then leaving Kiara open too an attack" He said in an empty tone with no emotion. He spoke like a robot instead, merely explaining his mission objective with no feeling behind his words.

Once he was at the house he walked up the stairs, unlocked the door with his keys and then walked inside, letting the rest of the group come in.
He didn't want too waste any time, they had too talk about what too do next. Luckily, the furniture was arranged in such a way that they could sit in a circle and discuss what the plan of action was.
Due too having so many guests, Naraca did not take off his massive sword from his back.

"Alright everyone sit down so were all facing each other" He said while pointing too the couch's and chairs that were arranged so that they could all indeed face one another.

Naraca waited for everyone too sit down before he sat down on one of his beautiful green and golden couches.
He took a long look at everyone before he decided too start what was sort of like a mission briefing.

"Omashu..." He said letting the word hang for a moment.

"If that's the plan then were all gonna first need too know just what were doing there and why" He said in a bold voice so everyone could here his lion like words.

"Omashu itself is not very dangerous but going there seems pointless too me at the moment. Unless you can tell me otherwise I say that first off we should discuss this team we have here" He said too everyone.
It was no secret that right now they needed too all have reasons to be a part of this team.

"Before we talk about Omashu however, I want too get to the matter of why your all here. I want you all too tell me and Kiara just why your apart of this group and what you can do to help this journey" Telling everyone that he needed too know what they could do, and why they wanted too join was necessary.

If they chose too hold back there answers then Naraca would immediately kick them out of his house and the group. He and Kiara would need too know right now, just why they wanted too remain in the group and what they could contribute. Otherwise, Naraca would leave them behind regardless of there complaints.

Last edited by Naraca on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terra
Rank C
Terra

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:36 pm

Terra couldnt believe this was actually happening, sitting on the couch the woman looked at everyone briefly before crossing her arms and leaning back in the chair. Who made Naraca leader anyway? Last time she checked the Avatar could have decided who she wanted on the journey. It wasn't and shouldn't be his decision at all. But the earth bender decided to keep her mouth shut, even though her face clearly said it all.

"I don't think I honestly have to tell you anything or even why I am in this group." Terra looked him in the eyes before shrugging, "So you might as well skip me."

A series of matches and a long day honestly wore her out a bit, so her attitude had change drastically for now. To her it was probably best that nobody said another word to her or nothing would go anywhere tonight.
Back to top Go down
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

Number of posts : 1358
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Keeping quiet in moments like these was something Kiara was use to, back home people got into arguements all the time. She would just wait until everything calmed down then spoke. Talking over people who were yelling only made the situtation worse. As the arrived at the house she was one of the first people to sit down on the couch.

Kiara grabbed a green pillow and held in comfortablly in her lap while everyone else had taken their seats. Now she had a calm expression on her face until Naraca had started talking, the woman was greatful for everything he was doing but this time she was feeling suffocated by him. It didn't matter to her how big the group was because she knew already what was going to happen.

When Terra started talking her eyes looked at the woman a bit intimidated by her. Terra was smaller than her yet this girl was challenging Naraca head on as if they were the same size. Kiara closed her eyes and started speaking before anyone else could.

"King Bumi is in Omashu.." Her blue eyes opened then settled on everyone in the room. "The reason I am going there is because of the undergound caverns..its safe to learn earthbending there..but I have also been hearing from around here that a firenation spy and someone close to the fire king are snooping around."

"As for this group I am full aware that after Omashu Mattias, Terra, and the earth king are not staying with me." Kiara then looked at Naraca, "So the group will be normal size. I can have alliances join me temporarily and come and go as they please..if they stay that is not my problem. I am not a child anymore I can protect myself."
Back to top Go down
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:08 pm

OOC: Okay, I feel like I can post now.

IC: Everyone reached the house and Naraca unlocked and opened the door. But as everyone filed in, Cerelia hesitated. Naraca made it clear he didn't want her around, despite not knowing anything about her.

Maybe it was the pipe, and the fact that she had killed a man in cold blood? She stepped through the door and closed it.

Then, Naraca told everyone to sit down. Cerelia saw green and gold couches and took her spot on the far right of the couch opposite the one Naraca picked.

Naraca looked at them all and started speaking. He wanted to know why they were with the Avatar? For everyone else, it was probably an easy answer., but for her, it was a completely different story. Perhaps she'd change her mind once she defeated the Avatar.

Naraca also wanted to know how they could contribute to the group. So far, she'd shown that she's a good aim with a pipe and could take someone out efficiently, but nobody saw her earthbend the tiles. She studied Naraca as he seemed to be doing this all to get to her. The overcautious giant never did appreciate her helping Nhala, and was always on the lookout for any reason to kick her out.

Terra then raised a good point. She didn't have to answer him because it wasn't his decision.

"I agree with Terra. You're not the leader, so we don't have to answer to you." Cerelia watched Naraca closely. Her hostility towards him was a result of his own distrust of her, despite how she helped Nhala the night before.
Back to top Go down
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:59 pm

((OOC: Ugh, the posting order is all mixed up now. Here:

Naraca
Terra
Kiara
Mattias
Nhala
Cerelia
Tan-ko

Lets just follow the order here, Tan-ko it's your post now.))
Back to top Go down
Tan-ko
Rank A
Tan-ko

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Tan-ko couldnt help but smile to himself as naracas attitude backfired on him. The king reached out a hand, squeezeing terra's shoulder gently with a smile before looking at Kiara. "I will not be traveling to omashu with you. I do not know where you gathered the idea I was but I am sorry. My place is here, on my throne leading and protecting my people, as much from themselves and their corrupt nobles as the fire nation. At least for now." he said smiling at her before looking at naraca. "As for you. Take a deep breath and think carefully about how you are speaking to these people. They are not your subordinates, and neither am I, and deserve to be spoken to with respect, not as if they were some rookie soldier fresh off the line that you didnt want." he said sternly.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 pm

OOC: I know you are going to hate me Naraca, but I am going to post out of turn to make up for my two skipped posts

IC:

Mattias entered the house silently. It was humble, but to be perfectly honest Mattias didn't really care about the decor. He was more concerned with the large earth-bender. His body language had been taking a rather disturbing turn as they had approached the house. Something was on his mind, which could create ill will amongst the group.

By instinct Mattias casually reached down a loosened the sheath on the sword. If need be he could draw it at a moment's notice. It was entirely possible they could be betrayed.

Naraca motioned for them to all have a seat. Glancing around Mattias spotted a chair that was slightly off in the corner from the rest of the seats. It also had the added advantage of having his back to a wall. He sat down, carefully making sure that his sword was hidden by his cloak, but also easily accessible. Glancing around at each of the other companions, they had not yet noticed Naraca's tone.

"Omashu...

If that's the plan then were all gonna first need too know just what were doing there and why"

Mattias didn't like where Naraca was going with this... instinctively his right hand tensed. He then almost smiled, he had heard of the rare ability of seismic sense, he had spoken once to Toph about it, that is before she died. He had a hunch that Terra or the King had this ability. Using his self control, he relaxed himself.

"Omashu itself is not very dangerous but going there seems pointless too me at the moment. Unless you can tell me otherwise I say that first off we should discuss this team we have here" He said too everyone. Before we talk about Omashu however, I want too get to the matter of why your all here. I want you all too tell me and Kiara just why your apart of this group and what you can do to help this journey"

Terra was the first to respond, and respond she did in a sharp tone. "I don't think I honestly have to tell you anything or even why I am in this group. So you might as well skip me."

Mattias expected an answer like this from her, from what he knew and heard of her, she was not one to be told what to do.

He was actually surprised when Kiara gave him a straight answer. And at the same time a slight frown came to his face as she let slip part of what he had told her.

Throughout this whole conversation, Mattias remained intentionally silent. He would not defend nor ask for acceptance into the party. He did not need to travel with them, as he had originally planned on making the trek alone. They would either accept or reject him on their own, and in doing so he would remain a mystery. That was the way of life he had chosen, and he would honor it.

-----

Lost in his thought he was snapped back into reality by a motion outside one of the windows. On the windowsill a single circular piece of wood, about an inch in diameter sat. He didn't bother to hide his frown. If it was what he thought it was, it wasn't a good sign.

Without bothering to excuse himself he stood up and walked outside. Casually he walked by the window and slipped the tile into his hand. His face hardened. He had run out of time.

As he turned to go back inside he noticed a man approaching him. A semi plump man with a cup of tea and a teapot approached him. As he drew closer Mattias instantly recognized him. He had met him once before, when he was but a cadet. The man gave a slight smile and poured some tea into the cup. He handed it to Mattias.

"Jasmine Dragon, your favorite Mattias."

Mattias took it, and smelled the aroma.

"You have something for me?"

The man frowned and gave him a look.

"I remember when you used to be more carefree, and had a sense of humor." He reached into his pocked and handed a scroll over.

"Some things change..." He raised his cup ".. and some things don't. Maybe next time I will actually be able to stop by."

"I'll hold you to that Mattias." Then without another he turned and walked away.

Mattias stood there for a few moments. The smell of the tea wafted around him for a bit. Raising it to his lips, he took a sip out of it. He couldn't help but smile a bit. Iroh always had the best tea.

He turned and went back inside.
Back to top Go down
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:22 am

((OOC: No worries Mattias, as for your post I'm assuming that part with Iroh was a flash back? If not then tell me otherwise and I'll edit this post))

It didn't take long, but by saying what he said, Naraca could already tell who opposed his speech and who didn't. Kiara answered normally, Terra and Cerelia did not answer him. Tan-ko did the same, although he was not joining the group so his answer was understandable. The man who Kiara referred too as Mattias did not say a word. Naraca did not know this man, but he would not let someone who he does not even know join this group.

Cerelia and Mattias were odd ones out of this group. Naraca did not know a thing about them, and thus, they had no reason too stay. Hearing Cerelia's answer only troubled Naraca, she almost was purposely backing up Terra in order too avoid saying who she was too the group. She would not able too hide who she was for much longer, and nor could Mattias.
Although Naraca was 7 feet tall, and so large that a bull would cower in fear, he was not stupid.

However, clearly everyone here was thinking that he was trying too become the leader of this group. That was not the case.

A long sigh escaped Naraca's lips, followed by folding his hands together.

"Your right, I'm not the leader" Naraca said in a bit more of a calm voice.

"We are the leaders" He said in a firmer voice while looking back up at everyone. His eyes, very intense and very strong right now.

"Avatar Aang got the closed too defeating The Fire Lord, and he did it not by commanding his group like a General" Naraca stopped himself for a moment.
"But by talking too his friends, who just happened to be a part of his group" Naraca said, trying too make everyone understand.

"I' am not a soldier, nor am I a commander. I' am a man who wants too put an end to all of the Pain, suffering and hatred that the Fire Lord has caused" Naraca's voice, now more gentle, not the voice of a leader, but the voice of someone who spoke from there heart.

"We all want the same thing and in order too achieve that goal we can't all treat each other like soldiers, but as friends" Naraca continued with using a true, and honest voice, strange too hear from how naturally brutish it was.

"Friends trust each other, friends stay close. If your all going too join Kiara in fighting the Fire Lord, then you must first become her friend" The man who always spoke with a harsh tone, now spoke softly, becoming easy on the ears.

"As her friend I must protect her. However I can't protect her from everything. That's why I'm asking you...Please tell me why you want too stay"

Naraca knew his speech was becoming too long, he would have to put an end too it now.

"So that I may trust you too be with Kiara when I can't be there for her. I could die in trying too protect her. It would make me feel better to know that there's someone out there I can trust" He told the whole group, speaking too everyone here.

"Please, I'm speaking from my heart when I say that I would love nothing more then too trust you all as friends"
Naraca paused for a moment.

"But how can we trust each other...When we can't even talk too each other?" Naraca finished, ending his speech.

Naraca knew Terra, and he had too keep protecting Kiara. However everyone else here was just a stranger too him. Strangers that could attack Kiara and himself at any moment. Normally, focusing on his Dai Lee training, Naraca would keep a close eye on everyone. However, Avatar Aang had friends at his side, not soldiers. In order for this too work, they would need too become friends, otherwise this whole system would crumble.

Friends, not soldiers. That's who Naraca wanted these people too become, however they were all not even willing to give there purpose for being here. The real reason why, so then what would be the point in even being in this group if your not willing too trust those that you would call your friends?

Cerelia and Mattias were people that Naraca would love nothing more then too trust, but how can you trust someone who won't even talk too you? Sometimes they say Silence is the best answer. However in this case, speaking from the heart was the key to true peace. This rag tag group of random people would have too become friends, just like how Naraca considered Kiara a friend. He would like to be able to not resort too his Dai Lee training, but just be himself. Up until now Naraca has been a cold and calculated soldier, right now though, he was himself.
The true Naraca, needed someone to trust, because he couldn't do this all alone. Kiara was strong, but she could not do this alone, and she would need more then some muscle head to help her defeat The Fire Lord.
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am

Nope, not a flash back
Back to top Go down
Terra
Rank C
Terra

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Terra looked over at Tan-ko when he squeezed her shoulder gently, a sense of calmness overtook her after she took a deep breath and relaxed. Her eyes then darted over to Cerelia in a curious manne a part of her wanted to know who this girl was exactly as well.

"Dont get smart with the Avatar Alanzo..I see that she already has if rough dealing with all of us. It was a simple mistake none the less, since you do follow me where ever I go."

Her soft smile at Kiara was interupted by Mattias's sudden movements, but by his footsteps as he excused himself she sensed there was no pure threat around them so she turned back to Naraca and listened to his words. For once he was acting like himself and not some hotshot soldier giving commands. This personality suited him well. After he finished his speech Terra then turned her head to look at Nhala.

"I do believe it is your turn."
Back to top Go down
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Kiara set her hands on her face bending over to rest her elbows on her legs. She wasn't in the mood to look at anyone or even be dealing with this at the moment. It was still hard for her to except that she was chosen to change the world. What awaited her in Omashu she had no clue but the girl had this eerie feeling and it would not shake for one second.

Hearing Terra going at Tan-ko made her smile just a bit, that woman had a personality on her that no one was going to be able to change. That suited her perfectly in her mind. Kiara then sat up smiling back at Terra before looking at the empty seat where Mattias was sitting, her curiousity was getting the best of her. However, when he came back with a cup of tea Kiara was more than confused. Throwing the thought from her mind she stood after hearing Naraca talk and bowed respectfully,

"I understand what you are saying, I know Terra is exhausted from her previous matches as well as everyone else from just moving around today. I say we all get rest tonight and tomorrow morning we leave for Omashu..we can...bond on the way there I suppose."

Kiara then set her hands on her hips looking at everyone, "Any disagreements?"
Back to top Go down
Mattias
Head Admin ∞
Mattias

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:42 pm

A soft clink broke the silence from the Avatar's statement. All eyes turned to the source, which was Mattias placing his cup of tea down on a marble top table. His face was grim.

"I'm afraid my path moves on ahead. I do not have the luxury to wait any longer."

He looked directly at the Avatar. He knew she would be disappointed as he had said he would travel with them. He glanced over at Naraca, hiding his worry. The man was a wild card, even more so than other members. He had an unclear agenda, and that of all things worried Mattias.

He held up his hand to prevent any comments... yet.

"You haven't seen the last of me. Once you arrive at Omashu drop this in the center fountain of the city. If you do this, I will know that you are there, and I will find you." He tossed a coin made from a black metal. Inlaid in the center was a strange silvery symbol.

He picked up his cup of tea and waited for a response.

[not my greatest post]
Back to top Go down
Nhala
Rank H
Nhala

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Nhala glanced at Mattias before speaking, and assumed a more formal pose. "I am here because Kiara requested me to join her. And with all due respect, sir, I do not see why it is important what exactly it is that we do, as long as Kiara accepts our presence and help."

She paused for a moment, looking breifly at the floor, "Not everyone here can contribute as much as others. The only thing of value I truly have this far from home is my title and money. And even then, my title might not be of any significance outside my culture. But..." She looked back up, "It doesn't mean we can't learn."

Last edited by Nhala on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Cerelia sat back as she listened to everyone talk. Naraca agreed that he wasn't the leader, made his point, and began rephrasing what he'd said, as if repetition would get the point across. But then Kiara provided an alternative, one that Cerelia was ready to accept. Anything to keep from getting too close. Anything to keep them from knowing what she planned. So far, she'd spent a night and a day with these people, and she was lucky enough to have them ask only for her name.

As soon as everyone was finished, she'd go to a corner and sleep against her bag, far away from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Tan-ko
Rank A
Tan-ko

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:22 pm

(Skip me, nothing to put)
Back to top Go down
Naraca
Staff
Naraca

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:12 pm

A long sigh escaped from Naraca's lips. His speech did little to get any answers from anyone. Instead all he got was the same silence from mainly Cerelia and Mattias. Those that replied acted almost annoyed by this, like children being told not to go to the candy unless they cleaned there rooms first. All these people wanted one thing, to join the Avatar. However, Naraca knew what happened to all the Avatar's before Kiara, and they all failed. One reason is because while the Avatar is supposed to bring peace to the world, the Avatar is actually incapable of doing so. Aang wasn't able to do it alone, he failed when it came to fighting the Fire Lord one on one. So then that would beg the question, why make the Avatar when they are no more capable of defending the world then everyone else?

Ultimately, the Avatar is a flawed creation, one that is strong but is not strong enough. In time Kiara could probably beat everyone combined once she became strong enough. However the problem is the it does not matter how strong you are, Strength and power cannot bring peace.

Fighting fire with fire only leaves everything burned.
Undoubtedly, in order to bring peace here this group would need a different way to bring peace. Because clearly fighting the Fire Lord wasn't working, it never did work.
However, in order to do anything at all, everyone needed to trust each other. Yet instead Cerelia and Mattias stayed silent, after doing this expected to gain the Avatar's trust without even giving anything in return?

Naraca knew he would have to deal with people like this, people who thought it was all about them. Thinking they could not say a word and expect full approval of everyone.
This is not a cartoon, nor is it a fantasy, this is real life and in real life there are no random connections that answer all your questions. Nor are there any people out there who expected to get friends by simply being there. In real life, you have to work for what you get. Naraca knew this all to well.

Getting up on his feet, standing tall and looking over at Cerelia and Mattias. He saw the coin Mattias threw on the table, Naraca picked it up and looked at it for a moment. He frowned at the site of it, did this Mattias really expect such cooperation when he has done nothing but sit down and appear mysterious? Doing things like that don't make people trust you, they just turn you away.

Naraca closed his hand as he held the coin, but he closed it tightly, as if he was shattering the coin in his hands. He showed Mattias that he was more then willing to destroy with coin with his grip alone for a good reason.
Naraca turned his head to Cerelia, then too Mattias. Even if he couldn't make them understand, he had to draw a line.
Everyone else was trust worthy enough, but Cerelia and Mattias would need to convince Naraca...Otherwise...

"You two don't seem to understand..." He said in a deep, almost menacing voice.

"You are strangers who expect hospitality, and this is not a public home" He paused for a moment, letting them listen to his words.

"This is my home, and those are my chairs and couches your sitting on. Kiara may trust you enough to come with us..." He said as he kept a tight grip on the coin, one more pound of pressure would shatter it.

"I do not trust you to stay in my home. You have failed to give me a reason why I can trust that you won't steal any of our things, or kill us all in our sleep." He told them both in a firm tone that would better suited as a Dad scolding his children.

"This where I draw the line...If you two do not give me a valid reason for staying in my home. I will put myself through the effort of kicking both of you out" He laid it down on them hard.

He turned his head to Cerelia.

"You saved Nhala, I'm grateful for that. All that proves is that your a girl who can hit people with a pipe. It says nothing about your personality, or about who you are as a person" Naraca's tone was raw, there was no hiding anything now.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't assume that your here to kill Kiara when I turn my back" Naraca could only assume the worst, since Cerelia had not given any reason to think otherwise.

If she kept up being silent, things would only get worse. This was the time for her to say something, this was going to the moment that would decide if she would stay here or not. Her answer, might very well be the most important answer in her life right now. Naraca did not want to do this, but he was sick and tired of being kept in the dark by these people. Like a child who can't admit what they did wrong, Cerelia and Mattias were remaining silent as if there were being interrogated. Weather they liked it or not, Naraca was in charge of keeping Kiara safe. These two have done nothing to convince Naraca otherwise, hitting someone with pipe could just very well mean that Cerelia is crazy, and can go berserk at any moment. Ridiculous? Well then they only convince Naraca otherwise, would be to say something right now. Or be forced too leave, abandoning the journey with the Avatar all because they kept they both kept there mouths shut for too long.

There's a time and place to be quiet, this was not the place for that. If they were to be trusted by Naraca who was the Guardian of the Avatar Kiara, they would need to convince him to let themselves both be accepted.
It did not matter what they thought of Naraca, but when it came too Kiara and her safety, there no visitors in this journey, only trusted allies. Naraca did not trust them, so therefore, they could not come, unless they spoke for themselves now.

Naraca turned his head too Mattias, while throwing the coin back at him, showing that Naraca was not even going to let what could be a trap roll around in someones pocket.

"Mattias was it?" He asked him in a the form of a rhetorical question.

"Kiara trusts you, but you have to understand that you have not given me or anyone else here any reason to trust you. Since were a team, you must be trusted by everyone in order to be accepted." Naraca said too Mattias, telling exactly how things were now.

"You have not even removed your hood and you expect me to let you stay here? Believe me when I say that I would rather not be doing this. But there is no way I'm going let you stay here unless you're able to tell me right now...Just why you want to stay here" Naraca told him in a fiery voice.

Naraca turned his head to Cerelia, then too Mattias. It was there silence that was doing this, and if they continued to stay silent then things would only get worse. All of this just because there were quiet, it didn't really seem worth it too Naraca.

"You two...There are many battles to be fought...This doesn't have to be one of them. I will not accept you in the group unless you tell me right here and right now why you want to stay. There will be no secret between us, none whatsoever. Because that was team mates do, they talk to each other." He told them in a bit more a gentler voice suddenly.

Suddenly, Naraca lifted his right have up to his massive sword. The 6ft long, 3 foot wide blade. His hand lightly gripped the handle. He desperately did not want to do this, but as of tomorrow, Naraca was going to be traveling with everyone here. His back would be turned to them, and they would be close too the Avatar without him seeing it all the time.
All they needed was his trust, then Naraca would not be an issue ever again.

Trust was there key to staying, trust was what they needed from Naraca right here and now. The only way to get that would be tell him why they wanted to stay with the Avatar, he wasn't even going to bring the fact that they did not say there ability's. Right now he needed to know there reasons, otherwise they would be kicked out.
This was Naraca house, and he was not going to let strangers sleep in his bed anymore. Kiara herself told Naraca that no more strays would join the group, yet here were two strays now. Unless of course they could prove they are not strays.
All that was required were there words...It seems fair considering that they could stay with the Avatar after that and become written in history as the ones that helped bring an end to all hatred in the world.

With the massive blades handle in his hand, Naraca would tell them one more thing before letting them speak.

"Choose your words carefully, because how you answer will determine if you get to stay with the group and become the bringers of peace. Or become the two people that were too stubborn to talk, and ended up getting kicked out of what could be a life time experience" He told them in a firm voice again.

"Now speak" He told them, letting Mattias and Cerelia choose there fate.

((OOC: Just so you know, I don't want you two to leave, Naraca is simply doing what he would do based on the situation at hand. Mattias and Cerelia have said nothing, so now this is happening. I would like to ask you two to just RP your characters to give a reason even if a it's a lie. Because your not really giving me a choice here anymore. Please don't make me RP fighting you two or kicking you out, it would just be stupid.
I personally think that under these circumstances that your characters would see that they kinda have to say something, otherwise it's just gonna get worse just simply because they didn't think Naraca should be allowed to do this. However for the sake of the plot, and me trying to make him human, he is doing this. So can we please not fight?))
Back to top Go down
Cerelia
Rank I
Cerelia

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 am

OOC: Naraca, I get the feeling that you haven't been reading my posts. For me, there was nothing that I needed to say last time. Btw, do you realise that your post, with the OOC included, is exactly four pages long?

IC: Cerelia clapped as Naraca finished his long, repetetive speech. She crossed her arms and legs and leaned back, then began countering him.

"Good job with the speech, but you need to work on the attitude. It kind of ruined the mood. Anyway, I think you need to look before you jump. So far, you've talked about how you can't trust us, and that it's Kiara's decision, but we have to get through you first. We haven't earned any trust in the period of, what, ten minutes, and for me, a night and a day. You say you don't know us, but we also don't know much about you. Did you ever think that maybe we don't want to give out too much information for fear that you wouldn't like us? Maybe you haven't given us reason to trust you, or maybe we don't know how to react to your constant complaining? Overall, I think you've got a few loose screws. We just met, and you haven't asked us anything but our names. I don't care if you don't trust me. I'm fine with that. I don't trust you either. But if Kiara found some reason to trust us, that's fine too."

Cerelia thought back to the next part of his speech and smiled.

"A girl who can hit people with a pipe. That's got a ring to it." she said, then glared at him. "Saving Nhala shows more than skill with a pipe. Heck, you didn't even see what happened. The guy was picking her up by the hair. You may not know it, but that hurts, and saving someone shows morality and good will. Whoever trained you obviously didn't teach you about people."

"As for the furniture, you're the one who invited us in. You're the one who told us to sit down, so you complaining that we're here having this duscussion, doesn't work. That's your fault, so you can't complain about that. But even with your negative attitude, I'd rather be in here that out in the cold."

Cerelia sighed and looked at everyone before looking back at Naraca. she unfolded her arms and held her hands.

"And now we're at the part where you mentioned killing. Gee, if I wanted to kill someone for the sake of killing, I wouldn't pick anyone in the upper districts. But seriously, if I wanted to kill or steal, I wouldn't hang around the victims. If they survived or i ended up fighting the Dai Li, I'd get caught before I left the city, wouldn't I? It only takes one person to notice a wanted criminal to start a chain reaction. besides, this would have to be the worst place to commit crimes."

"As for 'Hoody' over here, I don't care who he is or what he does, but if he doesn't want to show his face, that's fine with me. Maybe he's got some hideous scars that he doesn't want to show. If he did, you may hate him more, though I doubt you've gotten around without suffering any yourself."

"Additionally, you've got to be more open minded. You're always complaining about one thing or another, but you don't take a step back to see the whole picture. Last night, you hurt Nhala just by landing on the ground next to those thugs, so saying that she hasn't done anything but get hurt, that's all you there. As for Kiara, I remember she said she didn't want you protecting her, that she can take care of herself. You promised that you wouldn't be overprotective, yet here you are doing exactly that, and being angry to boot."

"Everyone has their reasons for what they do. You can't go prying into bussiness that isn't yours. So back off. Kiara decides who she travels with, not you. Besides, I doubt you could stop us from following, even if you wanted to." Cerelia finished and looked at Terra, Nhala, and Kiara. They waited for her to continue, but she didn't.

Last edited by Cerelia on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Terra
Rank C
Terra

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:13 am

Terra's mouth dropped open at how this was going, never in her life had she seen such a disfunctional moment right now such as this. Her eyes looked at her husband beside her then back at Naraca. But then they shot over at Mattias then lastly Cerelia. All she could do was listen because a sudden heavy tension descended upon the atmosphere and it wasn't going to help anything if she said something out of pocket..she had a mouth on her that always seemed to rile people up.

Terra tuned them out once she heard Cerelia's voice, this was going to get ugly. Right in the middle of the speech she simply stood shook her head at them all and gave Kiara a sympathetic look before leaving the house and going into the backyard.
Back to top Go down
Kiara_Tunada
Rank B
Kiara_Tunada

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:27 am

This was more than embarrassing..it was like her voice was being taken away from her. If she was able to trust them what was his problem with it? Kiara could handle herself and right now her face was becoming a slight shade of rose from being upset. This was absolutely the worst night she had had so far, worse than Azula attacking her and Mattias back in his home village.

When his voice got threatening to her friend that practically saved her life and was going to be her fire bending teacher enough was enough. But before she could even open her mouth Cerelia chipped in as well about his attitude and what he was doing. This was beginning to be a little too much for her and that was the last straw.

Without saying another word after Terra went in the back the girl opened the front door and slammed it behind her running from that home as fast as she could. The girl nearly knocked down a woman who was walking with her husband and quickly apologized as she started running again. The last thing she wanted to be was found at the moment and right now she wasn't running in the wrong direction, Kiara was headed straight to Omashu on her own. There was no way that she would travel with people like that, people who were taking her voice away, argueing like she was not standing there, embarrassing her infront of people and just acting like complete fools. At the moment the only people she could talk to right now would be anyone but Naraca and Cerelia, that was a bit too much for her to handle.

I thought comrades were suppose to get along...this is not what I had in mind

Kiara ended up at the gates that lead to the outside of the city. If she was going to leave no this was her perfect chance. Mattias was leaving tonight anyway maybe for once she would let them solve their issue and she just go ahead with Mattias and meet them there. She bent down a bent catching her breath, that was a long hall she just ran and that was the first time Kiara ran at a regular speed. Her legs started shaking but her mind kept telling her to keep moving. But the long day started taking its toll on the Avatar. She was up this morning before dawn and had no chance to truely rest, not long after the thoughts her legs still managed to keep moving...she was leaving Ba Sing Se for now..

{exit}

Last edited by Kiara_Tunada on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom   The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Avatar and the Earth Kingdom
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next